Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

hopper speeds?

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
anyway, as for hoppers. just do the easy thing and get a halo. sorted, done and dusted, full stop end of conversation. so long as the ADB is strong enough, you're laughing

Zwitta

Bunker Monkey
Jan 22, 2003
Manchester, UK
www.teamrdx.co.uk
its more like the other way round.. Angel users had a lot of trouble with Halo's but they were supposed to of stopped that by changing the dwell slightly. and messing around with extra ball detents.

There is no doubt that the Halo B is the fastest hopper around, however I have owned three of them, and each suffered from a different fault.. the first ones motor burned out when a ball got stuck in it (but the Z board is supposed to fix that), the second halo's board burned out.. and the third is sat in my garage waiting to be sent back, I have no idea whats up with this one, it just wont work. I'm currently using an Evo II, which is definately slower with regards to burst speeds, however when rattling off long strings of paint I dont really notice the difference..

Also, you cant fit that much paint in a halo, so :p

get an Evo II, its not as fast, but you can carry more paint, and it wont break down as much :)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Zwitta
its more like the other way round.. Angel users had a lot of trouble with Halo's but they were supposed to of stopped that by changing the dwell slightly. and messing around with extra ball detents.

There is no doubt that the Halo B is the fastest hopper around, however I have owned three of them, and each suffered from a different fault.. the first ones motor burned out when a ball got stuck in it (but the Z board is supposed to fix that), the second halo's board burned out.. and the third is sat in my garage waiting to be sent back, I have no idea whats up with this one, it just wont work. I'm currently using an Evo II, which is definately slower with regards to burst speeds, however when rattling off long strings of paint I dont really notice the difference..

Also, you cant fit that much paint in a halo, so :p

get an Evo II, its not as fast, but you can carry more paint, and it wont break down as much :)
Yeah you can carry more paint but only from the break, once that's gone you're only filling it with a pod!
Decent detents are esssential if you want to use a Halo, My speed works perfectly woth one as does my Viking.

Paul
:)

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Originally posted by Paul_collier

Decent detents are esssential if you want to use a Halo, My speed works perfectly woth one as does my Viking.

True, I've had detent problems with My shocker and impulse using a Halo, also seen it with e-blades. Some detents now say not suitable for Halo's. So far its always been the posh shiney detents that have failed for me, factory standard ones seem to work fine!

Laterz

Ian

Originally posted by manike

That's because someone has intellifeeded it, it doesn't do that normally. I would love to do a genuine test of that to see how fast it is. To be honest I'd be suprised if it makes a huge improvement because the eggy paddle will just sweep balls past the outlet rather than keep a pressure to force them down the outlet. The paddle and outfeed neck is actually designed to do that. I suspect any performance increases you have seen are more to do with the reduced delay and how that will stop blowback affecting the stack of balls.
What kind of test do you suggest?
Ive got the gun, a back garden and a video camera.

Im waiting on a stronger ball detent, it continually double and triple feeds with my planet ball detent and occasionaly double feeds past my standard detent (which is on its last legs).

You can see the balls going oval shaped in the stack but thats not really a scientific test.

I would appreciate any tips on how to perform a fair test on my hopper.

Cheers

Zwitta

Bunker Monkey
Jan 22, 2003
Manchester, UK
www.teamrdx.co.uk
Issues with Halo's and Angels... I heard somewhere that WDP are possibly going to make the use of a halo on an Angel a warranty voiding issue, this is becuase the halo puts pressure on the ball stack and thus puts continuous pressure on the COPS sensor and has in cases caused the COPS crystal to crack.

If anybody knows any more let me know.. this isn't certain so any more info would be appreciated.

Zwit

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Zwitta
Issues with Halo's and Angels... I heard somewhere that WDP are possibly going to make the use of a halo on an Angel a warranty voiding issue, this is becuase the halo puts pressure on the ball stack and thus puts continuous pressure on the COPS sensor and has in cases caused the COPS crystal to crack.

If anybody knows any more let me know.. this isn't certain so any more info would be appreciated.

Zwit
If they do who's gonna admit to using one if they do break the sensi strip?
Be interesting to see if the rumour is true..

Paul

p8ntballer2007

Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
Does anyone have any info on ricochets? I have a ricochet 2k on my angel speed, and i have only outshot it several times, as i am a front player. are there any alternatives that could suit my position for a not so high price?