Hoppers

JulesB

Keep It Sweet!
Sep 17, 2003
Cornwall
Visit site
Loaders

Egg with Z Board

I,ve been back in the game for the last year & used to run a Speed with Egg Standard then i put a Z board in & is very very fast. Now i run a Euro Angel & still with an egg Z boarded egg.

They are easy to clean & yes the battery cover is a pain, but they are great. I love the way it sits back on your marker. Tried a Halo just didnt suit my style of play.

Thats my opinion for what its worth

Cheers

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by TheBroz
I started with a revvy on my Impulse when I first got it, did the job initially but it really slowed my ROF when burst shooting. Not to mention it was one of the later clear shells that had a nack at snapping on every slide or even when I'd fill it.

Eventually picked up a HaloB, which after hours of sanding I eventually managed to get it to fit my feed neck. I didn't really get on with it that well though, sure it's feed rate was awesome but I really wasn't a fan on the weight. I didn't like the way it balanced my gun for wards (batteries at front) and found cleaning it an utter pain if i had a break inside.

When I went to Toulouse last year I had serious problems with the sun messing up with the eyes so I decided to pick up a y-board Egg for a very sweet price. I much preferred the way it balanced my gun (after cutting the neck down), the ease of filling, bigger capacity, ease of maintenance, cheap and readily available spare parts and its speed has never seemed to be a problem. Maybe my opinion will change when i get a new gun with a different balance but I feel that the Halo's vastly inflated price isn't really warranted unless you are doing cheeky tricks with debounce settings.
Yeah, halo's don't sit that well on the tall design of the impulse!

Weight is actually the same when the egg and halo are both filled with paint! ;)

Paul
:)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by TheBroz
Ahh.....but the Egg holds more paint
Mario's point is valid, even more so in todays game. You load when you can, not when you have too.

And that's a bloody difficult skill to learn, as I proved the other week :rolleyes:

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Mario
doesn't matter...you still gotta reload :)
not that many times in XBall 2-3 pods max per game and that is when we are rippin it up large styley!

plus loading should be seamless and quick if you are serious about ya game, so it should not affect you if you have 30 balls less in ya loader!

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
What is the best marker.....?

What is the best colour.....? (Liam...don't mention pink)

What is the best shoe size....?

Put simply... there is no definitive answer, the Evulution or HaloB are the key contenders and each have their own pluses and minuses. It comes down to what you prefer and what best suits your needs. Read the opinions above any make the decision yourself on which you'd feel most comfortable with. Try them both out on your marker and see which one YOU prefer.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
The definitive answer is the Halo. Don't matter that some of them are crap--paintballers don't seem to mind spending bucketloads on inferior product. It's still the best hopper available if you own a serious paint blazer and with a Halo you at least look like you know what to do with your gun. Eggs fall apart taking them outta their boxes. The necks are brittle and overstressed, the lids stick and the battery covers break more often than the entire field at the Brickyard 400. Nothing else is in the running.

Case closed.

Oh, and the best color is Cerulean blue. The best shoe size is 13. I could tell you the best marker but as I review all sorts it might be viewed as bias so I won't. But you can all rest easy knowing there are bests of everything and I know what they are. :D

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
Personally i think Egg with Z board, fast and much lighter than the halo. I always seem to have problems with feeding on the halo (need to try that rip drive) Halo lid snaps easier but it also feeds upside down for when things go really really wrong.
T