Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hoppers

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
with the .50 cal, is everyone going to have to go out and buy a new hopper or are there going to be conversion kits made?

it just dosnt sound fair that everyone who has spent good money on a Prophecy or Rotor may have to buy a brand new hopper!

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
If you choose to buy new 50 gun then unless the other companies make drop in kits you will need a new hopper.

However no one is forcing anyone to change it really is your choice.

I have heard that DYE are making a drop in kit for the rotor but I have not had this confirmed from anyone at DYE. I will speak to Tommy when he get's back from teh world cup as I am sure he will have some more info.

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
i think most people would prefer the drop ins

i wouldnt mind .50 cal, so long as i could get a drop in for my DM and my Rotor id be happy to use it providing all the velocity issues etc were fully adressed

Joey

Aug 1, 2003
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
G.I. Milsim has their own line of .50 caliber specific loading systems.

Prior to the completion of the loaders, G.I. Milsim's guns were completed, so in order to test the guns G.I Milsim needed to retrofit other loaders for testing.

Some retrofits are very simple and easy, the retrofitted Revolution was simply a sized metal sleeve in the feed tube.

Although G.I. Milsim can't speak on behalf of other companies, the possibities and ease of retrofitting loaders is very very possible.

Just having gotten back from WC, I spoke to quite a few companies - such as Pinokio. With the drop in kit they have prepared a Pinokio will fit 50 shy of 1000 .50 cal paintballs with the nose! Insane! Imagine having that power off the break!

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
at 10 bps the hopper size doesnt really change anything after a point. 400 was rediculous, 1000 is just un needed. i just realised how much smaller everything is going to be, hoppers are going to be non-exsistant :p

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
to be honest i would be quite happy to have a hopper that held 400 at a time and was the same size as a 200 round .68 cal hopper

means i wouldnt have to reload as often in scenario!

Joey

Aug 1, 2003
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
Less pods needed for x ball points. As a front player you can go on field with just your hopper and maybe a pod in your pocket. Forget your pack. . . . . .

Gone will be the days of back players lugging 13 pods of paint for 7 man. . .. .

All the players I've spoken to, however, said they would prefer the same size loader with a larger capacity over having a smaller loader with the same capacities of traditional force feed .68 cal loaders.

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
perhaps but, i think most people are psyched on being able to hold alot more ammo in the same sized hopper

the example of the pinokio holding just shy of 1000 rounds suprised me

back players could very easily dominate games with that much paint in already