Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hoppers

tech

Jul 19, 2006
From the vids posted in the other threads in this sections I was surprised by how large the hit was on the goggles but the body hits did seem small and may be easy to lose.

As per the paint been bouncy I have shot a fair bit of .68 paint over the last ten years, everything from Hellfire to cod roe (clear shell with near orange water fill).

Paint reacts with the heat and moisture so depending how you treat your paint you can make even the best paint bouncy very quickly. Heck there are many sites that will only shoot paint that gets 0-1 on a bounce test!

Yes it will have taken a few runs to a few months to get the paint tourni ready but Richmond has been working on this for a while.

Once Piper has some .50 on our shores we shall see what it is like for ourselves.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
how do you gusy work out 400 balls in a hopper ? a standard hopper is 200. we have taken of .28 from a ball. not half.

i work it out at 272 balls a hopper of standard size

thats 36 more in a 100 pod. not going to make that diffrence. whats that about 3 seconds on semi ?

how do you gusy work out 400 balls in a hopper ? a standard hopper is 200. we have taken of .28 from a ball. not half.

i work it out at 272 balls a hopper of standard size

thats 36 more in a 100 pod. not going to make that diffrence. whats that about 3 seconds on semi ?
Your thinking in 1 dimension.

These paintballs have been reduced by .28 in the X Y and Z direction. The result is roughly half the volume.

Or an alternative way of putting it:
Trust me. Its about half the volume.

whats shylad means by splatter is that the mark from a .50 cal and a .68 cal are the same size. As stated in another thread this is because alot of the paint from a .68 cal splashes back

hence why there are equal sized marks from .50s and .68s
At what range was this test performed?

What was the target made from?

I have a funny feeling this theory would only hold water at close range on hard targets.

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
the vid of chris lasoya shooting 50cal was the full length of a psp field and the hits looked big enough for a ref to see. the mask hits looked about the size of .68 the body hits looked a bit smaller but noticable.

there balls. so not square. the space reducsion on a ball is less than a square. it wont double the space am sure of that,

another thing is will these work better or worse in wind ?

But they are 3 dimensional objects.

There are mathematical formulas for the volume of a sphere in relation to its diameter.
These rules were first discovered by Archimedes.
He didnt pull these formulas out of his ass.

GI milsim didnt either (in this instance ;))

Google the volume of a sphere.

Sphere volume = 4/3 * PI * (radius * radius * radius)
Notice how radius appears 3 times on the right hand side of the formula. Thats because radius is a 1 dimensional property and volume is a 3 dimensional one.

For 68 cal thats:
4.19 * (0.34 * 0.34 * 0.34) = 0.16468376

For .5 cal thats:
4.19 * (0.25 * 0.25 * 0.25) = 0.0654

So a .68 cal ball is in fact two and a half times the volume of a .5 cal.

thomas221289

super soaker ftw!
Aug 12, 2008
ashington
I don't see how? I don't know many back players that haven't learnt how to pod up while still shooting their lane...

exsactly all that can happen is you can carry and shoot more balls! they still shooting the same fps you wont shoot more a game because its the same rof same game time the same style of play just smaller ball more efficancy and we all save some cash