The Home Of European Paintball

Hot gun or just shooting marbles?

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
Chroni's

So went to tell Bully. He tells me that they do not calibrate the chroni's. And its the players responsibility to check his gun with the "on field chrono" and carry allen keys to adjust it there and then.

I thought you could get 'done' for carrying an Allen Key onto the field!

I have seen players with hot guns pull an Allen Key out of their pockets and turn it down many times!

SiXplicit

AFGM
Mar 7, 2002
Sunny UK!
www.bullswood.com
Tried taking another picture......

.......but could not get it right to do it justice.

Imagine the original picture with the dark red scabby bit in the middle, still quite pink but black around the edges and you've got it. Still the same size too.

I imagine it will still be very much alive and kicking at the next leg, so come and see me on the road to recovery there!!!

fuxup

JAGUAR XS
Sep 19, 2002
USA
Visit site
I got me one of them nasty bruises just outside me arm pit ,that 1 broke as well and i was hit from about 40 -50 ft away .Bloody painful.....and the team that did it wellll they was shooting that staining PINK paint that after 2 washes my top still has the stains;)
I do think tho that ALL guns should be chronied and not just 3 or 4 per team as was happening on some fields :(

Dave.H

Aug 23, 2001
Visit site
Big prob is no penalty!

The prob with the current chrony set up is this.

Turn up to the field running 330 fps, thats gonna hurt. If you are not one of the two or three picked no probs go blow some suckers heads off!, literally!

If you do get picked, you go "oh ****, sorry judge", judge goes "kin ell, turn it down buddy". get your allen key out of your pocket and turn it down. Go play with the rest of your team shooting cannons!

Only way to stop this is on field chrony, even in the big tourneys very rarely get checked at all, let alone ever having a max-flow cap checked etc?

So in all it's the system combined with hot bouncy paint, twats that do this on purpose, 20+ BPS and adrenalin that gives you all those sucking wounds people take picks of. Not fun but what a game!

By the way, not condoning the above, just saying how easy it is to inflict some hurt.

Dave.H. :rolleyes:

Here in my Belgian leagues, all guns are chronied as you go through the netting onto the sup air field. You don't get let on if it over.
On some fields I've played on you get the chance to chrony before you go in.
Once in, they have some hand held chronies and do spot checks. If you are over you lose points for the game before it even begins!! Nobody wants to be the one losing points for their team, so there are hardly any hot guns over here.....