Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

how did you get hooked?

uther313

uther
Sep 4, 2007
Wrexham
hi guys
been thinking to myself recently about why i still love paintball and why i still go out of my way to play at anytime i can. The reason for this is I am trying to get one of my friends started and into the sport. While he has trained and played a small tourney and shows good promise he doesnt seem to have caught the paintball bug that i have and that see almost everyone has at the torneys. He seems to think the cost out weighs the benifits of the sport. how ever although it is an expensive hobbie and there is no denying that i stilol feel its worth it. So what is it that brings you guys to the field each time why do you play and what how does that hock get placed so we catch more poeple and bring them in to the sport.

feed back would be great guys cheers

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
its always the atmosphere that starts it and when it comes to supair especially its the team effort when you face all the trials and triumphs that makes it worthwhile in my view. nothing beats building up to a game then hitting the field with your mates after the buzzer, it's just one big adrenaline rush!

Chaos86

Starting Again :)
Aug 17, 2008
Cloud 9
Just think Matt Marshall............

"It Happens on a random monday, coming back late from an event, or late on a sunday night right before you're about to get on the plane and be frisked for the third time
You're driving, you're flying, you're sitting in an airport seat with boys from the team. you're drinking stale coffee trying to stay awake. you're explaining the fat welt on the side of you're neck to a confused stranger or a best friend.
you're coming back to the other life, the one without paintball, where no one understands why you do it. you're tired, working off little sleep, and the question creeps up and you try to ignore it.
Why do i do this? why the travel? why the losses? the missed work; the missed school. hours of practice and the complaining girlfriend. because the lore of living a paintball life is just too potent, and the products of the road, the travel, are forever in memories in strange lands with stranger people. because at tournaments you feel as though you can live as loud as you want. it's worth all the sacrifices its worth all the bull****. cause if you work hard enough, a sunday will roll around and you'll be in the huddle screaming, you're hand in, one of ten, playing for the world title.
and suddenly all of those cliche's you've ever heard make sense, and you are defined.
you say it to yourself and it means everything.
"I am a paintball player, and this moment right here is my life."

Lewys

"Swampy"
Jun 17, 2013
Pontefract
spottydogz.webs.com
its the tension before a game, the reliasation that during a game that people are shooting at you, and if you make the wrong move itll hurt, the adrenaline of it all.

If he doesnt get the bug it means he isnt playing hard enough!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
was funny i was just guesting for a team at a small tournament series recently consisting of mostly brand new teams with only really 3 reasonable teams. yet i got major butterflies all because the competition was so close it came down to scoring max points in the final games. so it was go hard or go home, and thats a serious buzz!

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
The rush; espically when your getting shot at! even better when you twat him a few times in the chest :p

Will

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
I got hooked at rec sites as a kid, then it evolved into this money eating time consuming reason to go to work... It is cheaper to play now than it was pre ramping, when semi only was allowed & every gun cheated anyway... 7 man was the way if all tournaments at the time & it always cost £150 for the day... But I found the wonga & loved it!