Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

how did you get hooked?

clive stewart

Jan 22, 2014
I have been playing for 3 months, and the reason I have the bug is that me and a friend went to join a bunch of guys (Team Proteus) for a game at OT just before the new year.
They are an awesome bunch of guys that lent me all the gear for my first day, and really made the game fun. They have over the past months donated so much gear and also pointed me in the right direction to make sure I have bought the right marker/hopper etc. I have since been playing every month with them, and I have dates on my calendar till the end of the year.

I have made some really good friends they make for a big part of the game for me, and also they have given me the bug in a big way :)

Reactions: tombut716

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I have been playing for 3 months, and the reason I have the bug is that me and a friend went to join a bunch of guys (Team Proteus) for a game at OT just before the new year.
They are an awesome bunch of guys that lent me all the gear for my first day, and really made the game fun. They have over the past months donated so much gear and also pointed me in the right direction to make sure I have bought the right marker/hopper etc. I have since been playing every month with them, and I have dates on my calendar till the end of the year.

I have made some really good friends they make for a big part of the game for me, and also they have given me the bug in a big way :)
Playing with people you count as friends is the best! One of the hardest things about running a successful team is keeping the squad together, people come and people go, but a team of friends with years playing together is a formidable thing. Sounds like you found a really decent bunch there mate!

Patellon234

Mar 6, 2014
Bradford , West Yorkshire
I always want to get back to field because , everytime I go play I meet someone new , also it's great way to get yourself some adrenaline , just jump out from normal everyday routine , forget about it , run with your gun and kill people but also get killed and the most important have fun.
I got my best friend into paintball , just took him for one game and he loved it , now we both are marshalls :)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
The Sunday Drivers intro by Matty Marshall is perfect. For me it was always walking with my teammates through the airport going to the events. There was a span of about 18 months where we were going to tournaments every 3 weeks, sleeping in tiny, crappy hotel rooms, eating gas station hot dogs at 6am, staying out at a club in Las Vegas until 4am and then getting to the field at 530 am to set up.

Always the feeling that you're about to leave on another great adventure, that was the best part for me.

Marc Connor

ExSilver
Apr 2, 2014
Wirral
I always remember the first time i played at Marchbrook in Wrexham, night time game, thundering and lightning trenches half full of stinking muddy water, we couldn't see a damn thing until "Boom" the thunder hits and seconds later the field was lit by lightning. And for a few short seconds all Hell would break loose. Like a scene from and army film. The adrenaline was coursing through our veins. "Boom" the thunder goes again, and as before the light floods the field. To our amazement a guy was running in circles throwing his hands all over the place........ Without hesitation the 2 sides unleashed Hell on him, squirms and screams let out as the bullets battered his body.

The poor lad had elbowed a Bees nest and was actually taking his overalls off as they had gone down his clothes. Funny as hell but you could feel the pain!

Since then I've always been a noobie birthday group type of player as the sites we visited only seemed interested in getting your money off you, until recently when we went to "Outpost Paintball" in Cheshire were to my surprise one of the lads who helped run Marchbrook was now running his own place. We felt welcomed and comfortable and 4 of us have since bought £££'s of gear and are going to take it more serious! I cant stop looking at www.justpaintball.co.uk but unfortunately I'm out of cash for a month :(

Hope to see or shoot some of you at North Vs South!!! ;)

Marc

KP01

Apr 7, 2014
I first played when my mate invited me for his 13th birthday and I really enjoyed playing. I played a few more punter days after that before buying my own gear and going to big games with a friend. I'm currently in the process of getting another friend of mine involved in the sport, hopefully he'll catch the bug too ;)

dropkick10

Mar 22, 2014
I went back in October for my birthday. Loved every moment of it and I was buzzing the next day. Booked in for the Zombie game a few weeks later and ever since been hooked. Been to many more since, now looking into a few paintballing bits.

I tend to go on my own as many of my friends are not keen on going as much, but it is a great way to meet new people. I've enjoyed every moment!

RavenSupra

Apr 9, 2014
I first went to CombatZone Lincoln acouple of years back. Been hooked ever since. I run an Ego 8 and a TPX pistol. Have a few other markers that I mess about with but still yet to purchase my first Pump Gun