Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How Do I Get Past Income Tax?!

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Andy.... can you truthfully say you havn't cashed in on any discounts of whatever nature from a UK store in the last year.

From what I gather it's either full price, or states/2nd hand for this guy. I don't blame him at all, some stuff over here just costs to much.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Originally posted by Nickyboy
Andy.... can you truthfully say you havn't cashed in on any discounts of whatever nature from a UK store in the last year.

From what I gather it's either full price, or states/2nd hand for this guy. I don't blame him at all, some stuff over here just costs to much.
I have not bought anything from the states in the last year! SO yes I can truthfully say no I have not cashed in on the difference.

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
I was talking about UK stores, I'm sure someone as known as you gets discounts all over the gaff. From paint to parts........ I'm guessing this dude doesn't play for a team so he doesn't even get team discounts or bulk paint prices.

I personally support the manufacturers their the ones futhering the technology. They pretty much get paid the same whoever I buy it off.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Flattery will get you everywhere!

Point is
a) I have never asked for discount
b) If someone wants to give me a discount then I am not going to agrue (who would)
c) I dont buy equipment as I no longer play!

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Just one thing, this coker does it come with an airsystem??? If so are you expectign to be able to use it in the uk. Cos if you are your gonna be adding another £100 to that total skeet showed you for a new uk marker airsystem either HSE or PIE probably PIE. Therefore forced to support your local store and end up spending more than you ever should have!

Trust me i made the same mistake 3 years ago! got a blinding deal on a impule, ripped by customs, bottle was DOT and it was **** but i seriously coudnt go thru all the hassle of sending it back to the guy so ended up costing me soooo much more getting it fixed etc etc.......

I'd personally stick to the UK, but that doesnt mean there arent ways round the customs officers.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Originally posted by WBolter
all im trying to do is save my money. I work hard enough for it, so whats the crime? Everyone tries to save money.
The crime is tax evasion... maybe smuggling. Dealing in contraband? I am no lawyer, so I couldn't say.

In fact, wouldn't it be cheaper to steal it? Not that I would advocate such a course of action.

Maybe you could get stuff cheaper if you get really good and get sponsored. Or if you agree to sell a bunch of product. Or perhaps the thing to do would be to live within your means, even if it means a competitive disadvantage.

Sorry if this reads hostile, but I have been biting my tongue. It may be common, but that doesn't make it right.

davejeff66

I hate paintball.
Apr 20, 2004
Prison
You could just move to the US. Then you'd be buying cheaper gear AND supporting your 'local store' at the same time.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Gyroscope
The crime is tax evasion... maybe smuggling. Dealing in contraband? I am no lawyer, so I couldn't say.

In fact, wouldn't it be cheaper to steal it? Not that I would advocate such a course of action.

Maybe you could get stuff cheaper if you get really good and get sponsored. Or if you agree to sell a bunch of product. Or perhaps the thing to do would be to live within your means, even if it means a competitive disadvantage.

Sorry if this reads hostile, but I have been biting my tongue. It may be common, but that doesn't make it right.
Amen to that, it's like copyright theft, everyone does it, it's OK.
Bollocks....... put it this way, if you can't afford the cash for it in the UK, you go for an illegal import, what if you couldn't afford that? Just steal it from a UK shop.

Put any spin on it you want, it's fraud. Yes UK prices are a rip-off, yes we are screwed by task.

No one is asking you to stay are they? Bugger of to the states and cheat them out of cash.

Look around, you'll get most stuff cheaper. If you can't afford it, then that's God's way of telling you you can't have it yet.