Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

how do i get the bottle off the reg on evil air

invid

Tippmann UK
Nov 3, 2003
Glasgow
Visit site
I put an email into continental as theres a possibility of me flying stateside with them carrying an air bottle in the near future

this is the reply, bearing in mind that this is only one airline and it could just be the opinion of the staff member replying ( dont think he/she looked into the burst disc thing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Continental Airlines.
Transporting Paintball Equipment

Some paintball gear can be transported on-board the aircraft. Please refer to the guidelines below:

Markers (aka Paintball Guns) are prohibited from carry-on luggage. These items should be packed in checked luggage. Paintball guns are not considered a firearm and may be transported in unlocked, soft or hard sided luggage.
Compressed gas cylinders are allowed in checked baggage or as a carry-on ONLY if the regulator valve is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder is no longer sealed (i.e. the cylinder has an open end). The cylinder must have an opening to allow for a visual inspection inside. TSA Security Screeners will NOT remove the seal/regulator valve from the cylinder at the checkpoint. If the cylinder is sealed (i.e. the regulator valve is still attached), the cylinder is prohibited and not permitted through the security checkpoint, regardless of the reading on the pressure gauge indicator. TSA Security Screeners must visibly ensure that the cylinder is completely empty and that there are no prohibited items inside.

Please note: Many of the seals/regulators used in paintball are not designed to be removed from their cylinder by the end user. The seal/regulator should only be removed and reinstalled by a factory trained technician
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Andy Piper

Re test on all PMI tanks is 5 years, and seeing as I started PMI Europe I doubt any are due for test yet (PYE Stamp and all that).

At the end of the day it is your safety. We (PMI) are only looking out for your safety.
I totally understand the safety aspect of it as air at that pressure can be incredibly dangerous if not treated with respect, but what if someone dropped the bottle or did something that damaged it? If someone was in the position where they had done something that required the bottle to be replaced or retested but couldnt remove the reg they could be tempted to just carry on using it ( I know most sites check and that ALL should check the bottles that people bring on site but not all do).

If bottles are fixed on by the manufacturer then I do think they should also offer a service to remove the reg. Maybe charge a small fee if it's just to change the bottle for no reason but make it free when the test runs out or if the bottle is damaged.

I've got an air system that I cant get the reg off and it's out of test, so I'm probably going to have to fork out for a new one which equates to 3 or 4 days worth of actual playing, which sucks.

Edit: just managed to get the bloody thing off :)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by invid
I put an email into continental as theres a possibility of me flying stateside with them carrying an air bottle in the near future

this is the reply, bearing in mind that this is only one airline and it could just be the opinion of the staff member replying ( dont think he/she looked into the burst disc thing)

Some paintball gear can be transported on-board the aircraft. Please refer to the guidelines below:

Markers (aka Paintball Guns) are prohibited from carry-on luggage. These items should be packed in checked luggage. Paintball guns are not considered a firearm and may be transported in unlocked, soft or hard sided luggage.
Compressed gas cylinders are allowed in checked baggage or as a carry-on ONLY if the regulator valve is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder is no longer sealed (i.e. the cylinder has an open end). The cylinder must have an opening to allow for a visual inspection inside. TSA Security Screeners will NOT remove the seal/regulator valve from the cylinder at the checkpoint. If the cylinder is sealed (i.e. the regulator valve is still attached), the cylinder is prohibited and not permitted through the security checkpoint, regardless of the reading on the pressure gauge indicator. TSA Security Screeners must visibly ensure that the cylinder is completely empty and that there are no prohibited items inside.

Please note: Many of the seals/regulators used in paintball are not designed to be removed from their cylinder by the end user. The seal/regulator should only be removed and reinstalled by a factory trained technician
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's good to see an airline giving a concise and technical response to a minority sport related enquiry.
Obviously our fibre wrapped bottles have an aluminium liner which would hide any amount of substances, from their x-ray equipment.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Originally posted by invid

SpAnKy1000

For hire....
Jun 9, 2005
Lincoln
OK guys im going to spain on thurs to catalunya, and my reg has never came off my bottle, its stuck on tight as a mother f*cker!

If i am going to just stick a ASA or donkey on the end, will It be allowed on the plane or not? cos im kinda worried now! :confused: :( :confused: