Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do you hold your marker?

• Thread starter Misty's Big Adventure
  • Start date
M

Misty's Big Adventure

Right I have only just started playing sup'air and so far loving it. Still have a lot to learn, and as each match I play in ends I learn more and more. But what I really want help on is how to correctly hold your marker. I have a recent picture here:

http://www.tbcfh.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/normal_aled_hit_on_hopper.JPG

Looking at that I think I may have the hopper to high, but when i have the hopper in line with the top of my head it feels strange. Maybe more practice will make it feel ok lol

Any comments would be helpful thanks :) also any pics of how you hold your marker :)

mewwy

Dec 21, 2006
holding the marker is not necessarily something you can understand from other peoples points of view - its all about your style. you are the one holding the gun, air and hopper so you have to adapt.

the best thing for that is to practice holding you marker with all its extras in one position that you find comfortable and would be suitable for your style of play and hold it for 10 - 15 minutes and then switch arms and do it. this builds muscle memory and you can change it when you think its not comfortable enough. while your doing it, practice your left and right hand trigger fingers so it becomes more natural - i'm still only a newbie to sup'air too, but i've seen the benefits of being able to play out of the bunker with the correct hand position.

there are the basics that were in PGI August 06 (i think) - online link that can help you understand techniques.

hope this helps,
mew

M

Misty's Big Adventure

Cheers m8, the way I hold it in the pic to me is comfy and gives me a good aim. The reason I have posted this thread was because some team m8's said I was holding it too high. So just wanted some opinions. Thx for ur post and for the link :)

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
i always think that the barrels an extension to my nose whilst playing giving me a good line of sight down the barrel

might feel wierd to begin with but you'll get used to it

also hunching your back a little (rolling your shoulders forward) bringing your head closer to the back of your marker will help with tighter play

also keeping your elbow under the bottle is always helpfull

this is probably explained in the link above

but i thought id help out

my 2p's worth

mewwy

Dec 21, 2006
if i may...like i say, i'm still new but in your pic, i personally dont think you need the air tank right up by the top of your shoulder - can you perhaps bring it down a little??

also - my personal way is literally have both elbows alot closer, actually touching and pointing down, looks like a V with one hand on grip, other on the reg - just reduces areas exposed.

dont think i can really contribute anything else i'm afraid mate. hope something happens for ya :)

cheers,
mew

M

Misty's Big Adventure

i always think that the barrels an extension to my nose whilst playing giving me a good line of sight down the barrel

might feel wierd to begin with but you'll get used to it
Yeah that makes sense to me. In the pic the back of my marker is inline with my eye line (if u know what I mean) Kind of like when you look through the sight on a rifle.

M

Misty's Big Adventure

if i may...like i say, i'm still new but in your pic, i personally dont think you need the air tank right up by the top of your shoulder - can you perhaps bring it down a little??

also - my personal way is literally have both elbows alot closer, actually touching and pointing down, looks like a V with one hand on grip, other on the reg - just reduces areas exposed.

dont think i can really contribute anything else i'm afraid mate. hope something happens for ya :)

cheers,
mew

Cheers guys :) Yeah I will bring down where I rest my air bottle a bit. Will try that v thing out as well :)

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
I understand what you mean perfectly as i've seen many people do it at the site i work at

pick up a marker and line it up with your nose and you will notice it will instantly be lower it will also help you 'gain' room for your elbow to drop below your bottle

and then just tighten it all up and you'll be fine

dont be afraid to ask your team mates as other people that shoot you out will tell you where you are going wrong

hope this helps

M

Misty's Big Adventure

I understand what you mean perfectly as i've seen many people do it at the site i work at

pick up a marker and line it up with your nose and you will notice it will instantly be lower it will also help you 'gain' room for your elbow to drop below your bottle

and then just tighten it all up and you'll be fine

dont be afraid to ask your team mates as other people that shoot you out will tell you where you are going wrong

hope this helps
I always ask my team m8's where i'm going wrong and the height thing was what they picked up on. What they said was had my loader been lower that hit in the pic may have missed, i'm not sure lol But thx for help will sitting in front of a mirror now lol practicing :)