Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do you hold your marker?

• Thread starter Misty's Big Adventure
  • Start date
M

Misty's Big Adventure

Ok any chance of getting some pointers on my stance as well please?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/lord8ball/Tom2.jpg

Just to say that this is my gun battling stance and I realise that I should be wayyyy closer to the bunker and I should have a more dynamic leg stance( I was just showing some1 something in this shot) I'm really just wondering if my bottle's in the right sort of place for gun battling - when running and a gunning etc I have it a little bit further down and in for extra stability...
K my 2p may not be worth much, but from all the pictures and vids I have seen your loader is level with your head which I have been told is level you want it. And to me looks good :)

M

Misty's Big Adventure

Just got your hopper too high and ur too loose in relation to your bunker. Just need - as people said - to get your gun down a little bit and tighten yourself up when gun battling.

Yeah I know keep kicking myself when I see pics of me form last weekend lol But I can't wait to get on the field again and put the advice and training into my game :D

mdking

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2004
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
You don't have to wait till you get on the feild to train. Do it at home. :)

Pick up your marker every day, and practise standing correctly and making sure you are comftable with your stance.

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
You don't have to wait till you get on the feild of train. Do it at home. :)

Pick up your marker every day, and practise standing correctly and making sure you are comftable with your stance.
Yeah, I have to admit that I do spend a disproportionate amount of time standing in front of my mirror with my gun practicing stance, snapshooting, and switching hands etc :eek:

M

Misty's Big Adventure

You don't have to wait till you get on the feild of train. Do it at home. :)

What I meant was put the training that I do at home into practice on the field. That what I can't wait for.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Not if any one would be interested but, someone made a vid at the weekend. It Aberystwyth (who I play for) against Birmingham in the inter uni league. You should be able to spot me (at the start on the right side of the screen with a run then slide, and then I get hit on the hopper. The vid shows that hopper hit you see in the picture i posted but in action lol)

You are looking down the left side of your barrel with your right eye, meaning your gun sticks out to the right.

The way I used to do it was....... Put the bottle of your gun on your breastbone, the top of the bottle level with your armpits and point your gun forwards/level. Hunch your shoulders and bring your head forward so your eyes are looking straight down the barrel or "through" the feedneck. Drop your elbows so they don't stick out the side.
If you need to play tighter, i.e. shooting out of a tight bunker, if it's on the right, slide the bottle to the armpit of your right arm, and bring your left shoulder and foot forwards. Don't stick your arm over it, just rest the bottle in the natural dent. The same for the other side (remember to swap hands tho.

This is the way I like to think I used to do it, it may not have been... :)

M

Misty's Big Adventure

You are looking down the left side of your barrel with your right eye, meaning your gun sticks out to the right.

The way I used to do it was....... Put the bottle of your gun on your breastbone, the top of the bottle level with your armpits and point your gun forwards/level. Hunch your shoulders and bring your head forward so your eyes are looking straight down the barrel or "through" the feedneck. Drop your elbows so they don't stick out the side.
If you need to play tighter, i.e. shooting out of a tight bunker, if it's on the right, slide the bottle to the armpit of your right arm, and bring your left shoulder and foot forwards. Don't stick your arm over it, just rest the bottle in the natural dent. The same for the other side (remember to swap hands tho.

This is the way I like to think I used to do it, it may not have been... :)

Thx :) will practice till my mirror cracks lol

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
No ones pointed this out yet but having a correct setup is also essential; perhaps you could add some length to you bottle, asa and rail setup, from the pic it looks too compact.