Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do you know if Paint is "Old"

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
As it says in the title, How do you know? Does paint have a Use by Date like food?
And if it does get old & crap it wont hurt to just fire it off at home if you've got somewhere to do that, just as practise will it?

FUBAR

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
If you can't hit s*** with it, or it breaks when you look at it:D

In all seriousness, I keep paint for no more than 2-3 months from purchase, remember to keep it in a cool, dry place and turn it over every 3-4 days to prevent flat spots.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
another quick indication is look at it,
if the coloured parts of the shell have changed colour, there are flat spots, or if you drop a ball (paintball :rolleyes: ) onto a hard surfaceaand it bounces back, then its good only for shooting at a target, and even then it will be as inaccurate as hell.
dont fire it at anyone!

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
That's not strictly accurate Billy,
The 'Drop Test' is normally 1-2 bounces from 12" is 'Fresh/Fragile' 3-6 bounces is 'Fresh' and anymore than that is hard and shouldn't be used (If memory serves, which it probably doesn't;) )

Lol by the time we get it the paint is not exactly fresh, ever read the flyers you get in the boxes how out of date.

But fresh paint has a nice coating of oil its very fine so it shines and dose not stick and moves nicley. Old paint has a bloom like old choccy and no shine. Fresh paint is round and firm with no flat spots or dimples. The drop test is done from shoulder height and yes it's the ones that bounce out of 100.

Storing your paintballs don't leave them in direct sunlight keep them about T shirt temperture ie if your cold and need a jumper so will the paint hence our radiator on site. And of course turn it ever 2-3 days. How long you can keep it depends on how old it was to start with. As a single player its not worth bying in bulk and keeping it as a team who will be going through more paint then ........... it starts making sense.

happy turning :D no trips to gym for me

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
ok, seen as I couldnt be bothered to go downstairs I dropped a paintball I had left over from sparklies last month out of my window (just dropping it, no throwing) onto the drive, it bounced once then broke the next time it hit the drive.

FUBAR

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
I tried it a few more times (cos I wanted to make a mess just for fun :)) and not all of them are breaking, some go rolling off down the road (i live on a hill) resulting from some very strange looks from an old man walking his dog :D seeing a string of little blue & white balls rolling down the road. LOL

FUBAR