Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How expensive is competitive paintball?

Godzkiller

May 31, 2012
Devon
I love playing paint ball but so far I have limited my paintball experience to going to Deltaforce sites, which I've being going a few times each year for the last few years.

Although this is still really good fun I'm spending around £150 each time, the guns can be very unreliable, the amount of cheaters not calling hits can get infuriating and the overall skill level is often not much of a challenge.

Excluding the cost of equipment which I'm sure I'd build up overtime (I already have a mask) what is the average cost for a day of competitive play, or a walk-on day?

Lloydie

Jun 12, 2016
Coventry
Get yourself to a independent ran site you'll have more fun and they're run much better .

A day play with paint is normally £40-100 depending on where you go and how much paint you use

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
When I play a walkon at outpost its (and this is from memory so +/- 10%) £20 for the walkon and £25 for a box of paint as a member so most walkons I pay around £60

If you play something like Warped 10 man or Plague event it is £55 as a member for the day but includes a box of paint, cannot remember the next box cost.

I am pretty sure other sites run to the same sort of costs for walkons.

All depends on how itchy your trigger finger is

SD

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
It's 30 a box after, I would say alot of normal walkons around the country are going to fall in to the £50 give or take range for entry and your first box of paint

Kyle_W

Sep 22, 2017
I remember thinking the same thing when i started getting a bit more keen while playing as a "punter" at Delta force sites. I moved into playing tourny with a local team and walkons. It was quite shocking the first time I went to buy paint and wasnt asked for north of £100 for a box!

Having been out the scene for a few years now its interesting to see that based on the responses above the prices have shot up much either.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I love playing paint ball but so far I have limited my paintball experience to going to Deltaforce sites, which I've being going a few times each year for the last few years.

Although this is still really good fun I'm spending around £150 each time, the guns can be very unreliable, the amount of cheaters not calling hits can get infuriating and the overall skill level is often not much of a challenge.

Excluding the cost of equipment which I'm sure I'd build up overtime (I already have a mask) what is the average cost for a day of competitive play, or a walk-on day?
£150 a day is frightening
Slow down your rate of fire at delta Force, you’re just feeding their profit
When i was made the cross over to scenario or walkons and sometimes played on punter days I found that I played to the same budget

On a punter day we would often skip game one, letting the staff deal with herding the players and the first game was pretty much a waste of paint
We would chill setting up our gear and getting chronoed when convenient (after time the marshalls trusted us self chronoing)
Then for most games we would sit back, see how people developed their start then jump in to the gun fight

There’s a rough guide to Paintball costs linked below, I keep promising to update it
https://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

For punter days work out the optimum paint price, usually for 1000 Paintball’s, and best if you preorder
We tended to just book in then buy 1000 to split between us then sometimes that was all we shot giving a cheap day, but others we would buy more and pay around £50 max each on paint for the day

For walkons I’ve not usually been a heavy trigger person so a case would do, and spend in the region of £50 - £60
For others 2 cases would be a minimum

For scenarios it would depend on the event and it’s price, i’d pay more for an unique site or where the organisers are putting that money into game features and effects. Typically again Id use one case, others minimum at 2
Though a game could be non stop it’s probably not constant firing

For tournaments I’m not so sure as it can vary widely. You need to cover entry plus maybe two days paint, a fair way is to split that across the team.
I’ve only played on occasion and had joined training more often so my share was mostly Saturday training costs only and I wasn’t necessarily paying attention to the main teams contribution each, but probably up to £100 each
Different formats and levels will vary

Reactions: wilksy

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
The last round of UK Woodland Masters at Holmbush cost me £45 entry fee and £40 in paint. We did throw less paint this event than usual as its usually £50-£65 in paint costs.

Wow £150 at delta force!!!! I played only once at a delta force site and my day cost me £40 as I price matched a local site and got a deal on my paint.

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
For tournaments I budget 200 euros per day -- so I don't get nasty surprises!

In practice it's virtually impossible to play a tournament for under 100 euros these days. Typical cost hovers around 150 euros.

That's including entry and paint but excluding gas, food and other incidental costs.

One major factor in final cost is whether you're entering with bare bones minimum roster or if you have substitute players to share the cost. Playing without subs can be very exhausting both physically and financially.