Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How many people can actually shoot well with their off hand???

Manning26

Yeah Paco I'm kinda' like that. I'm a lefty, but my Dad taught me how to do everything right handed. I learned to shoot firearms and archery right handed, but I eventually tried, and began using my left. So ultimately, my Dad's back-asswards guidance paid off, I'm equally poor with both hands;) .

Stig

Aug 14, 2001
Newcastle
Visit site
like everybody says, practice makes perfect, but if you want to make full use of the technique- minimise your profile as much as you can and use your left eye to aim :rolleyes:

George

Jul 17, 2001
Ohio, USA
Visit site
This is something that I have been working on since about the middle of 95. I'm naturally right handed, but have the ability to shoot at about the same speed with either hand. Perhaps this is the guitar playing making up for the difference. Anyway, it took me a long time before I was confident with it. I practiced it heavily for a little over a year, and then it just started happening. One thing that I have seen from other people on this post is that their first shots tend to be a little right of the target, and I was a victim of this also. My first shot tended to be about one foot to the right. When snap-shooting, this was pretty easy to take care of. You shoulder the marker and "aim" before you come out. When you come out, you are already on line. Another thing you can do, is conciously focus with your non-dominant (or left for me) eye. Here's another one. Get a red dot sight. Adco makes one that I loved, it is called the Square shooter. It provided a large viewing area and you can use it with both eyes open (which is what you want to do anyway). You just pull the gun up, look through the sight, put the red spot on the guy and start pulling the trigger. Even if you don't get the red dot sight, this is something that must be intentionally worked on. At the moment, I still shoot a little better with my right hand, but I still get the eliminations with my left. One more thing that I should mention. Look at your stance (shooting position) Does your off-hand stance mirror your dominant-hand stance? Made a difference for me. Helped to get rid of that one foot too wide shot.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
During training sesions I try and play mostly left handed, when I can. Being center helps a lot. At the end of every training session and tourney, I take a few pots of paint and stand in the chroney range, practicing with my weaker (left hand). It takes a bit of time but I can see a difference with my accuracy and rate of fire now. Can almost fire as fast with both hands, but my one shot accuracy is a bit off. As george said, the setup of your hands is the most important factor. It can make all the difference when you are playing tight.

ShortyR19

Yeah, I can

When I was in the third grade, I was at a day camp, and we were shooting BB guns. I realized that though I'm right handed, I'm left eye dominant. Somebody showed me how to shoot the gun left handed, so I basically learned how to shoot left-handed so I could use my left eye, though I'm right handed.

When I play paintball, because of this, I can easily switch between hands without even thinking about it. I guess I'm just lucky.