Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

how much should a good day out cost

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
i see your point but come on £8 for 100 paintballs thay could come down a bit on that price
If a price structure is open and honest then fair enough.

Actually they list £6 for 100, or in Scotland at £7 which they describe as the extra transport cost.

Think about it - 100 paintballs bought by one person has a high overhead cost of a staff member to sell them and has the potential to mean a wastage of 400 from the opened bag. Imagine working at a site and having to serve load of 12/13 years olds 100 paintballs one at a time between every game.

Alternatively go to an independant as opposed to 'corporate' site where you may be charged about £50 for 1000.

Now think about it another way, where do you drink?
Buy cheap booze in Tescos and take it home or sit on a park bench, go to your local, a nice county pub, a family pub or a chain pub, perhaps a wine bar, a city pub, a members club, a night club etc.
Compare the difference in prices

Alteratively check out the national pint price guide - http://www.pintprice.com/region.php?/United_Kingdom/GBP.htm

Some of the details are clearly bollocks, but the cost of everything varies.

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
As posted above, yes punter prices seem high to us, but just remember its those punters that keep the site in business so we can go play all day for 15squid and byo!!!

I`d still go on a punter day (and do quite often, mates birthdays etc) happy in the knowledge that my 100squid or so is keeping that site open so i can go back the next weekend and play supair for peanuts.

just my 2p

King John

Jun 9, 2009
Knaresborough North yorkshire
HPC near harrogate is happy enough to let our team play our own walkons there and use all their fields, we usualy buy 2k paint each to start and get to pre order it. But we are return customers.<br><br>

Another reason fees for punters are so high is because you wont be back (in 99% of cases), each Marshalls fee can be around £60 per day (give or take), hourly wages for the admin staff, dry cleaning and maint fees for the guns and clothing....

calabria

Aug 2, 2009
Chippping norton
Hi! i'm reading all this and i'm just shocked :O 6 pounds for 100 baintballs :O I came here from Latvia one month ago, before was playing woodsball for 3 years and pro paintball for 2 years, but i ain't gonna play here that's for sure. In my country i payed 5 pounds for field and 2 pounds for 100 paintballs and 25 pounds for box, I took my gear with me hoping that i could play or train arround here, but really i'm not ready to pay 100 a day for training, that's about 400 a month :D nnnooooo :)

calabria

Aug 2, 2009
Chippping norton
really? Could you help me find a place? I'm searching allready for a month untill now the only places were in London, that's a bit far for me because i'm from Oxford.

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
i really dont see why people are complaining about the prices.
you do the same as the punters, you pay your tournament entry fees for what?
to cover the over heads of the site...
look at the vast amounts of people at a tournament, we pay £35 entry for a one day event (or there abouts) a lot of site charge £5-10 for a days paintball so next you will be saying we are paying over the odds?
So there you see it, we pay more than they do for entry and they pay more than we do for paint.
But any paintball site is a buisness, it is there for the owner to make money, its the same with any sociable past time, cinema, meals, pubs as someone quite rightly mentioned, even renting from blockbuster, you look at paying £5-6 for 2 movies, but i personaly would have prefered spending that money on 100 paintballs the next day (hence why im now addicted to this sport and have been ever since i was 15, 7 years ago)

either way, back on topic after my little rant :rolleyes:
i managed a site for a year and we charged £35 for a days paintball and 500 balls, so people spent on average £40-50 over 8 games and generaly loved every second (appart from being shot of course lol)

hope this helps

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
I don't care about the price of paintball, it just means I don't get to play as much as I'd like to.

My local site is pretty good price-wise. It's £60 for 8 games, As much tea as you can drink, lunch and 1500. It's a damn good site, and a damn good day out.

I'm much more limited to my choice of sites, though. I can only get to places that within a cheap taxi journey away from a train station. Any price I pay for paintball immediately gets a £20 add on for travelling, which really sucks. Thank god my local is within walking distance.
:D

Once I'm back at uni with a bit of moolah, I'll be playing on a monthly basis, thanks to discovering NPF and their supair sunday! It's not as often as I'd like to play, but I think if I went any more often I'd be financially ruined. I'm just waiting for the day I get my own transport and a regular income.