Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to bore-match paint?

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
Hi guys, I was just wondering how to bore-match paint? What am I looking for? I have a Freak kit with multiple inserts, but how do I check if I'm using the right one? How do I know when the bore is too small or too large etc?

Cheers!
Morrolan

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
put a ball in the barrel, if it falls straight through the bore is too big..... it should stop in the barrel but then be able to come out if you blow into the barrel.... if it doesnt move the bore is too small.... you shouldnt have to blow hard orelse you will get some barrel breaks...

yeah i know that makes no sense but im sure somebody else will be along to correct me pretty soon

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
your looking for three points of contact against the barrel. You'll know what i mean when you look down the insert when paint is in.

-james

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
mate you're just about right.

If the balls just fall through then the bore is too big

If they stick in the barrel but can easily be blown through (pea shooter style) then it's about right.

If they stick and it requires some force of breath to blow them out then the bore is too small.

TBH a .691 will probably cover most paint brands.

gadge

Team Kinetic
Sep 7, 2005
Tidworth/Leicester/Exeter
Just a quick one on the freak ignore the sizes printed on them as they can be inacurate go for the methods mentioned above if it falls through try a tighter one untill it holds the ball then attempt to blow it out. If you can blow it out without s@~ting yourself then thats a good rule of thumb lol.

Later in the day check it again as paint often heats up and gets slightly bigger, the first thing u notice is velocity going up then you may break some paint in the barrel.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Pfft! What a load of rubbish! If the paint falls through the barrel, that means it will shoot that paint all day long, with no barrel breaks. And loss of accuracy? I have never noticed, if there is any loss at all.

Get a 693, and be done with.

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
Pfft! What a load of rubbish! If the paint falls through the barrel, that means it will shoot that paint all day long, with no barrel breaks. And loss of accuracy? I have never noticed, if there is any loss at all.

Get a 693, and be done with.
my method :) never changed from my stock shaft 2 barrel :) never seen the need, or noticed a change