Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How To Check Your Bottle And Reg

xissteve

Feb 11, 2009
"What they do when they hydro a tank is remove the reg," im sorry but a proffesional who deals with scuba tank retesting, and other hpa tanks, told me that the reg does not need to be removed, i was told myself by Fatbobs to remove the reg, anyway, the person told me, that i shouldnt have removed my reg, and what fat bobs has told me, is a load of rubish? as they dont no what they are talking about?

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
"What they do when they hydro a tank is remove the reg," im sorry but a proffesional who deals with scuba tank retesting, and other hpa tanks, told me that the reg does not need to be removed, i was told myself by Fatbobs to remove the reg, anyway, the person told me, that i shouldnt have removed my reg, and what fat bobs has told me, is a load of rubish? as they dont no what they are talking about?
To do a thorough check they have to remove the reg (the thread on the bottle and reg have to pass an inspection test) but the test centre should do that for you to save Billynobrains from unscrewing the reg from his pressurized bottle etc.

It shouldn't matter that you took the reg off, but it's best to leave it to the pros.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
First of all you have two different situations here, Fatbobs advising you about a paintball bottle and a dive centre advising you about a dive bottle. Our paintball bottles have a regulator screwed into them, a dive bottle has a valve screwed into it.
The dive centre has told you not to remove the "valve" as he needs to service it when the bottle gets tested.
Fatbobs have told you to remove the reg as it doesn't need to be tested when the bottle is tested.

ps, i'm suprised Fatbobs have advised you to remove the reg, as there is a clear safety issue there.