Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to fill a co2 bottle?

ally

No Limit Bridgend
Jan 2, 2002
Cardiff/ Epsom
www.gbjab.com
I know how to do everything part from dumping how do you do this? And i know not to open both valves. Is it to turn on the filling valve close is then turn on the dumping valve?

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Yup. Open your on/off (if you have one), keep the fill valve shut and open the dump - this cools the bottle as the CO2 escapes and allows you to fill the bottle more efficiently.

Obviously close it again before opening the fill otherwise you'll just be dumping the BIG bottle... :D:D:D

Skeet

Platinum Member
Obviously close it again before opening the fill otherwise you'll just be dumping the BIG bottle... :D:D:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Which is supremely funny, but gives you cold toes and upsets the site owner. Still, he wont be able to see you as you make your escape through the fog!!!!
Gaz

Hey QUACKING PLUMS, any where near the strangely named Cyclops Mews? My mate used to live there, now he lives in Poppy close....from one extreme to the other!!

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Hey QUACKING PLUMS, any where near the strangely named Cyclops Mews? My mate used to live there, now he lives in Poppy close....from one extreme to the other!!
Blimey guv'nor - I used to live in Mercury Court, in Cyclops Wharf behind! I now live a few blocks down the road at a newer development. They're all named after Greek mythology, I think - Homer Drive, Ares Court, Neptune Court, etc...

Ally, I'm not sure about the bouncing thing - mebbe if your bottle hadn't been dumped properly then you'd get odd happenings with the CO2 flow... haven't tried that myself cos I'm generally quite eager to follow the instructions when it comes to high-pressure gasses... :D

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Originally posted by ally
so when your dumping the co2 it comes from your co2 bottle that goes on your marker?
Yup. I could go into a physics lecture here but I won't - when a gas expands, it gets colder. As you're dumping your bottle, it cools it down. This stops new liquid CO2 from vapourising back into a gas as you try to fill it, and allows you to fit more in, that's why you do it. :D

If your bottle is completely empty, it's worth putting a small amount (up to 3ounces) of liquid CO2 into your bottle first and dumping that, before trying to fill it properly.

Skeet

Platinum Member
I know you know but:
Screw your 20oz or whatever to the ASA. Open the on/off then open the front handle, this dumps the remaining Co2 from your bottle and chills it down, giving you more of a fill when you fill it. You can hold yourbottle under the dumping Co2 flow to chill some more. Then close the front handle and open the back one up, tilt your bottle about and listen to the noise as it fills. When this stops, close the back handle, turn your bottle off, open the front dump, then unscrew your bottle.
Gaz