The Home Of European Paintball

How to fill a co2 bottle?

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Action - Vapour CO2 leaving bottle at rapid pace
Re-Action 1 - Pressure decrease within bottle
Re-Action 2 - Liquid Co2 in bottle returns to its gaseous state due to decreased pressure
Re-Action 3 - Bottle temperature decreases rapidly due to suround heat being absorbed by the "Change of State"

It's fun is this.

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Ok, i can see you're evidently having fun with this, but look up "chemical reaction" anywhere u like - it's the process of one or more substances acting on each other and being changed into something different. Elements combining to make new compounds. You can argue all u like, but gas being let out of a bottle is NOT a chemical reaction, it's a phase change. :D

The PROCESS of liquid turning into a gas is just that - a process.
The PROCESS of gas expanding is just that - a process.
There is no chemical reaction taking place in my fridge (except where the cheese is going mouldy), my air conditioner or when I open a can of coke.

The "action" of gas escaping at rapid pace is not part of a chemical reaction.
In Newtonian physics you might talk of that creating thrust and the equal & opposite reaction would push the bottle back, but that's a whole new branch of science, and we've gone off-topic enough already :D

Richard, you're a chemist... tell him! :rolleyes: :p

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Changes of state e.g. evaporation, condensation, sublimation etc... are not reactions in any sense (either chemical or physical) they are simple a function of pressure and temperature. I am a science teacher, I do it for a living. So stop arguing.
Ian B. Biomed. BSc. P.G.C.E. T.W.A.T (honours in the last one).
he he
merry christmas.
Damnit, thinking on a Sunday.

L J

big big titties
for it to be a REACTION the CO2 would have to REACT with something in the air(ie lose or gain electrons etc) and become a different compound like carbon monoxide etc.....changing the actual molecualr structure....not changging from liquid to gas....science lessons all over again......the processes are....
1. solid - liquid - gas = melting - boiling
2.gas - liquid - solid = condensation - freezing

these are all processes...check in a scinece book and it will tell you..

the frosting occurs how plums said....just like how fridges..especially camping fridges work...this is why on a camping fridge there is a flame...the gas is being burnt on which in turn means becuase gas i ecaping the bottle is being chilled which chills the fridge:eek: :eek:

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
So you are a science teacher!!
So why do you "BOFFINS" call it an Endothermic (or Exothermic) "REACTION" if it's not a reaction.
Sounds like one of those typical teacher thing
Try to confuse the ell out of their students