The Home Of European Paintball

How to fill a co2 bottle?

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
So you are a science teacher!!
So why do you "BOFFINS" call it an Endothermic (or Exothermic) "REACTION" if it's not a reaction.
Sounds like one of those typical teacher thing
Try to confuse the ell out of their students
The secret is out, science is actually really easy (particularly chemistry) as there are only three things to remember, science teachers realised this in 1842 and decided to make up a load of complicated crap to ensure we keep getting paid.
You have in fact, learned all science by the age of nine, everything else we make up.

Glad to be of help.

P.S. "boyles, charles and hooks laws" were not discovered in the 1800s it was me in 1983. Just did it to pee everyone off.
Plus, we nicked most of thermodynamics from an early episode of star trek.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Now for the serious bit.
We only call them exothermic or endothermic reactions if a reaction is taking place that involves heat exchange. So a reaction can be exothermic or endothermic e.g. the thermit* reaction between aluminium and iron oxide.
* correct spelling btw.
But, C02 changing states isn't a reaction it's just a process.
See what I mean.
Thermit= Exothermic reaction.
C02 liquid to gas = Endothermic process.

Dammit, I'm not getting paid for this.

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
mmmmm

Errr...... topic entitled "how to fill a co2 bottle" has ended in a chemistry lesson by Dr. Dominguez.

I really feel sorry for the guy who started this topic, if he has got the 'send me an e-mail when someone replies' feature turned on! :D :D

ally

No Limit Bridgend
Jan 2, 2002
Cardiff/ Epsom
www.gbjab.com
mmmmm

I really feel sorry for the guy who started this topic, if he has got the 'send me an e-mail when someone replies' feature turned on! :D :D

thanks for your concern who cares :D :D

lol

Originally posted by QuackingPlums

Richard, you're a chemist... tell him! :rolleyes: :p
I think he has been told enough :p

Ian (is that how you spell it mate?) is of course correct that scientists feel the ened to have long words (maybe they are compensating for something...) for things.

About those links you posted Dark Warrior, just remember there is no moderator for the internet, you can post any old rubbish on a website...

Richard

Skeet

Platinum Member
So, for my own benefit. i was correct in what I said, that the change of state from liquid to gas triggers the Endothermic reaction, that is shown by the frosting of the bottle?
That, is a physics related event, due to the energy transfer side of things.
That is my understanding of it.
Cheers
Gaz

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Nope, it's not a reaction at all. Just a physical process.
A change of state, doesn't matter whether you are talking physics or chemistry as it's all thermodynamics which is a bit of both.