Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

How to get into a team? London/Kent based(BR7)

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Arna-J, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Arna-J New Member

Arna-J
    Message Count:
    Hey All,

I tried paintballing for the first time this weekend and fell in love with it. I am trying to find out how to go about joining a team or training for one.

This was my first time but I use to target shoot (small bore) back in NZ from a young age so have an eye for it. :)

If anyone could let me know how someone goes about training, setting themselves up and trying out for a team it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Arna-J

2. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    If you can cross London then bricketwood will be the place to go for tournaments, training venue and find teams

3. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
  4. Lewis Beswick Member

Lewis Beswick
    Message Count:
    Morning Wood is a very good team if your looking to play tournaments at cpps.

5. The Red Painter New Member

The Red Painter
    Message Count:
    Hi
    I’m also relatively new to paintball and was wondering if anyone knew of any teams or tryouts in the area of London / Croydon region since I’ve searched for teams locally but I can only find paintball venues such as delta force and Uk paintball. I was also wondering if they accept female players / mixed teams or just 1 gender ?

Thanks for any help

:)

6. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Same as on the other posts to checkout Bricketwood as a site and Thunderducks as a team

https://www.facebook.com/Bricketwoodpaintball/

https://m.facebook.com/Londonthunderducks/?ref=br_tf

Delta Force and UK Paintball put in the marketing budgets so they come up top on internet searches

Though you will get the odd teenage boys who worry about you being a girl, and either drooling because you’re a girl with a gun or winging that they’ve been shot by a girl, most paintballers don’t particularly care.
    There are ladies teams, but there are also teams that have ladies
    It can be a novelty to see a female who plays as opposed to being there to watch her boyfriend, but that soon wears off when people realise there are females around a lot of Paintball

The Red Painter likes this.
  7. Shepherd:03 London Legion

Shepherd:03
    Message Count:
    Hi Both

Are you looking to play more frequently for fun, or competitive woodsball or sup'air/speedball, or a mix of both?

I live in Bexleyheath and have teammates in Sidcup and Hither Green, so roughly about your area @Arna-J . I used to play woodsball at Mayhem South East in Sidcup and Longfield, but now into sup'air tournaments. We train at Bricket Wood (the closest sup'air field, it's near Watford/St Albans, about an hour's drive away/two hours by train) and the national CPPS league, plus the occasional fun day or weekend event.

There's also Mayhem in Abridge, Essex (a different company to Mayhem South East). They run a monthly "walkon" event for people with their own kit.

@The Red Painter - paintball is generally a mixed sport, with a few mixed teams in each division. There are occasional Ladies tournaments as well as a few women-only teams who compete in the same divisions as everyone else. Finally there are annual international tournaments attached to the NXL Europe events (previously the Millennium Series), with a GB Ladies team competing each year for a while now.

Rob

Edit - I type FAR too slowly, @Tom snuck in a post while I wasn't looking!

Tom and The Red Painter like this.
  8. The Red Painter New Member

The Red Painter
    Message Count:
    Sounds great thanks

9. MAX_COOPER New Member

MAX_COOPER
    Message Count:
    I don't live in that area but was wondering if your team is still looking for members as the BRIcket wood is my closest airball centre

10. Shepherd:03 London Legion

Shepherd:03
    Message Count:
    Hi Max,

We're not actively recruiting at the moment, but we're having a training day (focussing on drills/technique and low-body situations) on 12 August and you're welcome to come along.

Rob