Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to get into a team? London/Kent based(BR7)

Arna-J

Mar 26, 2018
Hey All,

I tried paintballing for the first time this weekend and fell in love with it. I am trying to find out how to go about joining a team or training for one.

This was my first time but I use to target shoot (small bore) back in NZ from a young age so have an eye for it. :)

If anyone could let me know how someone goes about training, setting themselves up and trying out for a team it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Arna-J

The Red Painter

Apr 11, 2018
Hi
I’m also relatively new to paintball and was wondering if anyone knew of any teams or tryouts in the area of London / Croydon region since I’ve searched for teams locally but I can only find paintball venues such as delta force and Uk paintball. I was also wondering if they accept female players / mixed teams or just 1 gender ?

Thanks for any help

:)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi
I’m also relatively new to paintball and was wondering if anyone knew of any teams or tryouts in the area of London / Croydon region since I’ve searched for teams locally but I can only find paintball venues such as delta force and Uk paintball. I was also wondering if they accept female players / mixed teams or just 1 gender ?

Thanks for any help

:)
Same as on the other posts to checkout Bricketwood as a site and Thunderducks as a team

https://www.facebook.com/Bricketwoodpaintball/

https://m.facebook.com/Londonthunderducks/?ref=br_tf

Delta Force and UK Paintball put in the marketing budgets so they come up top on internet searches

Though you will get the odd teenage boys who worry about you being a girl, and either drooling because you’re a girl with a gun or winging that they’ve been shot by a girl, most paintballers don’t particularly care.
There are ladies teams, but there are also teams that have ladies
It can be a novelty to see a female who plays as opposed to being there to watch her boyfriend, but that soon wears off when people realise there are females around a lot of Paintball

Reactions: The Red Painter

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Hi Both

Are you looking to play more frequently for fun, or competitive woodsball or sup'air/speedball, or a mix of both?

I live in Bexleyheath and have teammates in Sidcup and Hither Green, so roughly about your area @Arna-J . I used to play woodsball at Mayhem South East in Sidcup and Longfield, but now into sup'air tournaments. We train at Bricket Wood (the closest sup'air field, it's near Watford/St Albans, about an hour's drive away/two hours by train) and the national CPPS league, plus the occasional fun day or weekend event.

There's also Mayhem in Abridge, Essex (a different company to Mayhem South East). They run a monthly "walkon" event for people with their own kit.

@The Red Painter - paintball is generally a mixed sport, with a few mixed teams in each division. There are occasional Ladies tournaments as well as a few women-only teams who compete in the same divisions as everyone else. Finally there are annual international tournaments attached to the NXL Europe events (previously the Millennium Series), with a GB Ladies team competing each year for a while now.

Rob

Edit - I type FAR too slowly, @Tom snuck in a post while I wasn't looking!

MAX_COOPER

Jul 31, 2018
Hi Both

Are you looking to play more frequently for fun, or competitive woodsball or sup'air/speedball, or a mix of both?

I live in Bexleyheath and have teammates in Sidcup and Hither Green, so roughly about your area @Arna-J . I used to play woodsball at Mayhem South East in Sidcup and Longfield, but now into sup'air tournaments. We train at Bricket Wood (the closest sup'air field, it's near Watford/St Albans, about an hour's drive away/two hours by train) and the national CPPS league, plus the occasional fun day or weekend event.

There's also Mayhem in Abridge, Essex (a different company to Mayhem South East). They run a monthly "walkon" event for people with their own kit.

@The Red Painter - paintball is generally a mixed sport, with a few mixed teams in each division. There are occasional Ladies tournaments as well as a few women-only teams who compete in the same divisions as everyone else. Finally there are annual international tournaments attached to the NXL Europe events (previously the Millennium Series), with a GB Ladies team competing each year for a while now.

Rob

Edit - I type FAR too slowly, @Tom snuck in a post while I wasn't looking!
I don't live in that area but was wondering if your team is still looking for members as the BRIcket wood is my closest airball centre

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Hi Max,

We're not actively recruiting at the moment, but we're having a training day (focussing on drills/technique and low-body situations) on 12 August and you're welcome to come along.

Rob