Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to get new players in to the sport?

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
as still a relatively new player I wanted to be able to play regularly without the costs so I think site owners should do newbie deals letting new players play for not as much. most sites near me are a rip off only a few have good prices. then they get hooked on the sport and then they buy the gear

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
as still a relatively new player I wanted to be able to play regularly without the costs so I think site owners should do newbie deals letting new players play for not as much. most sites near me are a rip off only a few have good prices. then they get hooked on the sport and then they buy the gear
Why should sites do 'newbie discounts'?
They need to stay in business, no profit means no sites to play on

Punter play is for the once or occasional player
Walkons are for the regular player
Events are for people who want something different.

Read this thread
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

To make paintball cheaper - look around for what options you have at local sites
Aim for walkon days, but don't buy gear initially. If you dont have your own gear pay the extra for a rental at walkons

If you find paint expensive then shoot to your budget

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
sorry i wasn't clear i meant like on walkon days just an idea to encourage new players to get serious not for punter play

Kdc1980

Jul 30, 2013
Hinckley
Think we need to remove the stigma from people's minds that paintball = pain a lot of these punter days have stag do's and do the stag run not a good idea if you want them to come back. None of us like to be bonus balled!! .both of My brother in laws won't come paintball with me due to this fact ( have both done run the stag) they both say it hurts. I pick up an average of about 4 bruises per 1 days paintball try and explain that senario/ walk on which I play is not going to be like last time they went and your adrenaline will be pumping so fast that you won't really feel any pain when your hit !

Pureink666

Apr 19, 2014
Portsmouth
You should put a sale or return on the items as the guys I paintball with are all new and would love the opportunity to take extra cash to venues they visit and buy a bit of kit each time

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You should put a sale or return on the items as the guys I paintball with are all new and would love the opportunity to take extra cash to venues they visit and buy a bit of kit each time
Not good business sense for the traders, as a number of people would buy, play, get their money back

But if you go to events traders do attend, and a number of manufacturers / events have guns out to loan. Try it, if you like it then buy one

Pureink666

Apr 19, 2014
Portsmouth
Do you have the address for the Southampton site there's a great new site opening in Alton soon as well they own a site in Bournemouth

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Im a newbie I can tell you from my point of view what would help.

I dont need freebies my view on this is simple, you pay nothing for something then you have no respect for it as it holds no value to you.

What I would like to see is something like a buddy system, I know poeple will do this with friends. It would be nice to arrange with someone to meet up at a walk on and them buddy you for the day. Its scary doing something new o yor own when you have no idea what to expect. I can imagine this could turn people off.

Luckily I have you guys n some of you have answered alot of questions or arranged to meet on the field.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk