Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to get new players in to the sport?

Pureink666

Apr 19, 2014
Portsmouth
I took a group of 15 guys recently on a group-on offer they all loved it they were buzzing to go again so I contacted the site they tried hitting me with a £30 per head charge plus paint on top that's surely greedy !!!!!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I took a group of 15 guys recently on a group-on offer they all loved it they were buzzing to go again so I contacted the site they tried hitting me with a £30 per head charge plus paint on top that's surely greedy !!!!!
Quite greedy, but depends on what you're getting for the money

Things like groupon are all sweeteners to get you in the door, but when it's via other agencies they get either all or most of the money

Another issue you can get is if you try to book via delta forces central booking number they charge a higher booking price so the IPG ticket sellers can tell you how much you are saving by buying off them

The best thing is to shop around, see what prices are online and check for real deals such as including a decent amount of paint to start off, other than just a lower entry price. Ideally look for an independant site, contact the manager and ask for group deals

The best prices are for walkons and events, you will pay more on entry for these but paint will be by the case and much cheaper
If you're taking a group of inexperienced players then they may be put off by walkon own gunners, events can be good for a new player though

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Im a newbie I can tell you from my point of view what would help.

I dont need freebies my view on this is simple, you pay nothing for something then you have no respect for it as it holds no value to you.

What I would like to see is something like a buddy system, I know poeple will do this with friends. It would be nice to arrange with someone to meet up at a walk on and them buddy you for the day. Its scary doing something new o yor own when you have no idea what to expect. I can imagine this could turn people off.

Luckily I have you guys n some of you have answered alot of questions or arranged to meet on the field.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
That kind of thing already unofficially exists. Most people in paintball are friendly enough, and if you go along to any walk on as a new player you'll find no shortage of people who will be prepared to help you out, show you the ropes, and make sure you know what you're doing.

Pureink666

Apr 19, 2014
Portsmouth
Couldn't fault the guys they helped us out but the offer was 100 paintballs a (poor lunch) soft drinks £1 coffee tea £1 when you add the cost of 1000 paintballs to the additional cost not much change out of £100 per person so people get tight with there shots etc and save there ammo for the last games

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Yeah thats why I don't like punter games. Need to find a good site n stick with them. Ive found 3 close that I wanna play, keeps me paintballing most weekends too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Websites need to be up-dated more/quicker, some fields are running websites that are years old and don't show recent pics of games (it's ok keeping your price list up to date, but I want to see that your popular and well run as well).

Food needs to get better, cheap hot dogs really don't impress.

Sites need to sort out proper toilets, changing rooms, and if you can, showers. Maybe throw in a locker system for the safe keeping of keys, cash, phones. (Not all sites do this) I know that all costs money, but getting changed in to playing kit whilst stood in the open (in mud) puts people off.

The price of paint will always put the punter off, till it comes down to £80-£85 a box (or less) then it will always struggle to be seen as a value for money day out.

I would pay a bit more for the above even as a walk on.

_Adam_Budd_

Apr 22, 2014
Take them to a walk-on, they get a chance to play at a slightly higher level than a punter day and get to meet and talk to people within the sport which will give them a springboard to get into different sectors

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Bringing new players to a walkon can work either way.

It could put them in at the deep end and put them off - consider the point of view that punter players have of the one or two 'pros' that they see at a punter game with their own gear, even if it is just a pump
They may look forward to playing alongside them or fear the 'pro'

Put some punters out at a walkon amongst own gunners with a rope of paint and they can be put right off if given a baptism of fire. Some people will love it as a first time, some will hate it
Rather than take new players to a walkon I would recommend a scenario/big game.
But punter play does have its benefits, dangle the carrot of walkons and events in front of them as an advancement

Floris

Feb 9, 2010
We have the regular 'walk on days' at our local field, every month. We encourage players on those days, to visit training evenings we hold every Tuesday. We try to learn the newer players how to shoot a marker, some basic tactics en eat hamburgers. We don't get much time for training ourself, but perhaps its our way of contributing to the sport and sharing our passion/knowledge.