Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to improve your game?

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
I know the basics of the game and try and play every other weekend. I'm trying to get into a team for uni (which I start after the summer) and need to get up to a high standard during the week I practice re-loading and switching hands, is there anything else I can do without playing or shooting paint?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong spot I couldn't find any where else to put it)

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
The only way to raise your game is by playing/training on real fields with real people using real paint.. You can practice your technique on things like switching hands, reloading and trigger control at home but the real practice comes when someone is shooting back at you.. What type of paintball do you play, tournament or woodsball/scenario? Also try and find some local teams close to you, most teams are happy to offer a helping hand.. Don't worry about the high standard bit, it is surprising how quickly you will improve just by putting in a bit of game time...

Reactions: mike b

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
The only way to raise your game is by playing/training on real fields with real people using real paint.. You can practice your technique on things like switching hands, reloading and trigger control at home but the real practice comes when someone is shooting back at you.. What type of paintball do you play, tournament or woodsball/scenario? Also try and find some local teams close to you, most teams are happy to offer a helping hand.. Don't worry about the high standard bit, it is surprising how quickly you will improve just by putting in a bit of game time...
Thanks I only play woodsball at the moment because my local field rarely takes out there speedball bunkers, but I would like to start speedball, as for the team I'm going to join the universities one after summer

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
There are some off field drills covered IIRC in the Dynasty Dysected series, originally on DVD but available on YouTube, also worth getting hold of a copy of @Nicky T 's Winning Skills DVD.

You can work on core fitness, sprinting, sliding and diving etc. in the comfort of your own garden or the local park etc, also well worth practicing your snap shooting technique off field.

Far too many players rely on "grinding it out" playing points and slinging boxes of paint up the field, but neglect honing their core skills!

avituk

UK Angel Owner
there are some really good pro tips on youtube that will help you without even leaving your room like Thomas Taylors garage workouts and others have said with winning skills and the one with the gun, it took me a long time even with the help of others however being a good player isn't about physically fittnes and being as good as a pro as if the team is behind you then thats all that matters and as long as you can make sure you body does all the moves while your bunker is getting nailed and your team mates are screaming at you then you will be a good player all around. have you done any clinics?

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
there are some really good pro tips on youtube that will help you without even leaving your room like Thomas Taylors garage workouts and others have said with winning skills and the one with the gun, it took me a long time even with the help of others however being a good player isn't about physically fittnes and being as good as a pro as if the team is behind you then thats all that matters and as long as you can make sure you body does all the moves while your bunker is getting nailed and your team mates are screaming at you then you will be a good player all around. have you done any clinics?
Thanks I'll have a look do those videos tonight, but no I haven't done any clinics as I haven't see any near me (the north east of Scotland)