Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to set up a portable paintball shooting range

P8ntballer1988

Jul 8, 2013
Tamworth
Hi everyone I have a query that I am struggling to find an answer to myself so any help would be appreciated!

I work 4 nights on 4 nights off so I was looking to do something in the time I have off to earn some extra pennies,

I go to a lot of fairs each year and most of the time there is always a punter with a paintball range charging X amount for a few shots through a rental marker and most of the time the guys who run it don't have a clue about the sport, so I want to try this out myself, not any time soon I am talking in a few years time once my wedding is paid up and done really.

What I want to know is how you go about setting one of these ranges up (insurance I can sort) I mean what kind of wholesale do these people go to to be able to buy the range/the equipment etc as I cannot find anywhere that does them.
Being in the sport for near on 5 years now I know what I can do to draw in the older punter on top of the kids that queue up at these ranges so it really is just a case of where you get the equipment from to get the thing going?

Again any help would be appreciated a lot!

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
there was a range up for sale on ebay asking for £1500 last week, about 35-40 ft long but didn't Include generator to inflate it, seem's like a lot of money for what you get, I think danger zone were selling one a few year's back, they could give you advice ?
I did think it was strange though a shop selling it, perhap's it doesn' t generate as much money as you think, storage transportation cost's time to set up ect, either way good luck with it.

Reactions: P8ntballer1988

P8ntballer1988

Jul 8, 2013
Tamworth
there was a range up for sale on ebay asking for £1500 last week, about 35-40 ft long but didn't Include generator to inflate it, seem's like a lot of money for what you get, I think danger zone were selling one a few year's back, they could give you advice ?
I did think it was strange though a shop selling it, perhap's it doesn' t generate as much money as you think, storage transportation cost's time to set up ect, either way good luck with it.

cheers for the advise I did see the 1 on ebay, they pop up every so often on there ideally wanting a tent style 1 rather than blow up so there is no worries about a power supply for a blower,
not too worried about finance wise for it as I don't expect it to bring in a living wage but hopefully enough to pay for itself and maybe support the paintball habit once its paid for itself then that I would be happy with lol

James mcknight

Oct 10, 2014
you can buy some netting from a scaffold supplier in london ( literally just google that )
its pretty cheap. From there you just need to find some posts about 6m tall and you can make a good arena. After that its about what you want to fill it with .