Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to work a cocker

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I had a load of trouble with one of my first e-blades where it would shoot a short burst at 15bps, and on semi etc it was all good without problem, but as soon as you cranked up the fire rate or shot sustained strings of paint then it would start to chop every 7-9th ball. I turned the gun inside out looking for a cause of the problem, and everything i looked at was absolutely spot on.
Many months of frustration went by until my loader failed one day and i grabbed someone else's in a hurry to get into a game.
My gun ran as sweet as a sweet thing with the new loader, no chops!:eek:
Yep, my halo wasn't feeding at 15bps but more like 12, so my gun outshot the loader and chopped, yet the eyes didn't detect this although they did see and stall the gun when you ran out of paint?
I think my problem was actually loader force as opposed to speed but try another loader to eliminate any problems, and make sure you don't use an egg either as they are just not quick enough either:)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
i belive its the standard eblade board. wouldnt know tho. i am absolutely clueless about cockers and only got this yesterday

oohhh more info on the body please? interested
If the display lights up red (LED) in the grip frame it'll be an E1 board. Later E2 boards & ZeroB use a blue/black LCD display like the Ego's. Just found out the body is already on ebay, with only a few hours to go. Number if you're interested is 150316196550

Out of interest why do you need to swap the body - is it the lack of drilling for eye?

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
i dont want to drill anything myself as im not too handy with anything power tool wise. also i'd prefer a better looking one than the brick i have atm :p

right, i tried running some paint through it today, and as a new development it would not shoot, the balls just rolled slightly into the barrel, which is wierd as the gun seemed to be cycling fine. now i dont know much about the cocker cycle so any gifs that show it in basic form would be brilliant. i also found later on that the bolt is constantly forwards unless shooting? as in it covers the breach then whips back and then forward again to cover the breach. am i being idiotic? is this normal? because its not what i expected. like i say constantly i know nothing of cockers.

also, it has a red led display, so i assume E1! i'm learning :D

Dave

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
is it making a bang when this happens ? if not then is the cocking rod cocked ? ( pull it back see if it clicks )

if it is making a bang, is the bolt the right way up ??

If your really stuck with this mate, i can strip it clean it time it and have it back to you free of charge, you just pick up the postage.. I tech all my cockers and everyones on the teams its simple if you know what your doing and hell if you dont, lol..

Or if you wanna learn how to get it working then i can talk you through timing it, and checking everything ?

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
is it making a bang when this happens ? if not then is the cocking rod cocked ? ( pull it back see if it clicks )

if it is making a bang, is the bolt the right way up ??

If your really stuck with this mate, i can strip it clean it time it and have it back to you free of charge, you just pick up the postage.. I tech all my cockers and everyones on the teams its simple if you know what your doing and hell if you dont, lol..

Or if you wanna learn how to get it working then i can talk you through timing it, and checking everything ?

you dont know the half of it! thats a really generous offer, i may have to take you up on it. I'll get some eyes for it and then i'll have to give you a call :p
and yeah its making a banging noise, i've been informed its normal for the bolt to cover the breach
thank you so much for the help!

Dave

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Cockers are closed bolt which means the bolt is forward when they fire yeah :D unlike everything else where the bolt is travelling forwards when they fire..

Cocker king ? lol naa my mate will tell you how many cocker problems ive had to fix :D once it works just dont touch it ;)