Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to you get air out of a paintball tank without shooting it out?

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
Basically I sold my marker but I still have the air tank that I want to sell as well. The tank still have 1200 PSI of air still left in it. Does the air weigh anything in the tank itself because if it does then I need a way to get it out so that the postage doesn't cost as much. Obviously I don't have a marker to shoot it out.

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
I wouldn't loosen a burst disc.!

try finding an asa to bleed the bottle with

Reactions: alexd

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Get a marker with macroline from the ASA to reg... remove the macroline from the reg
Screw in the tank, and then the air can escape down the macroline

then remove the reg from the bottle and package for despatch

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Push the pin valve in with a screwdriver or allen key until the air runs out KEEPING YOUR FINGER WELL AWAY FROM THE AIR FLOW. Or any of the above suggestions.

Reactions: Care_Bears

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Out of the above options I would prefer:
Using a remote line, macro line etc for the ASA fitting to release the regulator valve pin

Next - releasing the valve pin with an Allen key, screwdriver etc, but with care to prevent air blowing your hand (also wear gloves etc) and to prevent scratching or bending the pin etc

I don't like the idea of touching the burst disk (or even the fill nipple)
Bear in mind there are 2 burst disks - hp on the cylinder side, Lp on the ASA side. But remember its high pressure air even at the Lp end.

Mess up the burst disk and at best it's going to leak when attempting to fill, at worst the burst disk won't fail if over pressured

If you remove the regulator (after it's been drained) there remains the risk of damaging threads and it should realy be reassembled by someone 'competent'

Reactions: alexd

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Personally use a remote line and just let the air out steady never had an issue.

Some people remove the burst disks but far as I am concerned they are a safety thing and should be left well alone