Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How Was It For You?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
The 2014 season is coming to a close. We've had the last of the CPPS events, the final MS event is coming this weekend and World Cup in Orlando is less than two weeks after that.

What has happened to you this year? Where have you played? Made new friends? Joined a new team? Played a new format? Been abroad playing? What do you want to do next year? Has it been a good year, or has something happened that has made you give up?

I want to hear what 2014 meant to you, from a paintball point of view.

I'll start the ball rolling:

1. Played 4 different tournament series - about 15 events.
2. Played for 3 different teams.
3. Didn't train at all.
4. Played different spots on the field over the season.
5. Picked up a serious injury.
6. Worked out a training plan for the 2014/15 offseason.
7. Set out targets for 2015 which are realistic.
8. Fell out with an old friend.
9. Reconnected with some old friends.
10. Made some new friends.
11. Started taking my 7 year old to events - he's got to start somewhere.
12. Worked out where I should play on the field for maximum benefit to the team.
13. Realized I don't heal as quickly as I used to.

Paintball means different things to different people. What did it mean to you this year?

Reactions: Sid Sidgwick

jetter10

Sep 19, 2014
Exeter, Devon
1. played paintball for the 3rd time at a new field.
2. just bought a paintball gun(ego 08) :D, have a mask coming, jt proflex camo.
( i've been in the paintball community lurking for a few years, but never really bought stuff )

so seems good

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
I remember the third time I played - a chap told me that I shouldn't wear an assault vest, because if I got hit in the chest "the ammo would explode".

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Its easy, don't slide in the woods, they are a health and safety nightmare, remember seeing a rental with a fogged up mask run straight into a tree, which would have been funny enough but the tree was dead and fell on him (wasn't a very big tree so it was funny rather than horrific.

This year I have mostly been playing once a month at a new site I've discovered within half an hour of my house after the one I used to travel miles to to play with my brother decided to sell out to a well known chain (boo).

The new site needs to build up a walk on crowd though, there was two of us there on Sunday and 'cos we'd not booked ahead they had no air for us to use. Still had a cracking day, got to try out my new Sterling and had a few games with my stock class(ish) trracer against the punters and only used 200 balls.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
1) attended all of the CPPS, saw the reffing steadily decline on elite field. Started off incredible, ended up with a few refs on that field who couldn't tell their ass from their elbow
2) Quality of CPPS events was astronomical in terms of field quality, organisation, amenities and improvements through the year
3) trained a lot. A lot.
4) played the CPS in Rome, Belgium and Paris. Rome was a good event for us performance wise, but lacked a lot. the rest of the events were pretty disapointing. two fields one only up for one day small divisions and generally just lacked the feeling of international events
5) broke my ankle and played belgium on it
6) realised 6 was a mistake

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
@Dave284 I know a little about the Ref situation at CPPS.

They are between a rock and another rock, with not enough experienced refs. The age old problem, as people would rather play than ref.

Ainsley and his crew are trying to bring new refs up the ranks by mixing them with more experienced refs on the field, so they can learn from them.

Bear with him - he's a good man.