Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How was your 1st time :)

Kyle Ellis

Aug 17, 2018
Bristol
So I am new to paintball I have played at some sites but the other half said time to give up bikes :( so I said I'll play paintball and she was happy :)

I have a mask dye i4
I am holding off for a maker,

How was your 1st walk??
Who would help if my maker plays up?
Is there things you should bring 100%

king_p90

Band Of Badgers
Oct 25, 2014
Hastings, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
First walk on was awesome, I was awful, and didn't even use the whole box of paint I bought (I'm now going through two on an average day). You will find it a dramatic change in pace and tempo compared to rental games.

If it's a good site they will usually have a quick look at your marker, I've seen some sites replace every o-ring and not charge a penny.
Failing that ask for help, most of us are really friendly and will gladly help where we can. I for one have Teched loads of markers on walk-ons, very rarely found a marker that couldn't be fixed quickly.
You will eventually learn how to do all this stuff yourself, even the high end guns aren't that complicated. There's loads of guides on the web and videos on youtube.

Assuming you're renting the gear from the site: You've already bought the most important bit (mask), other than that clean set of clothes and shoes, microfibre cloths (Halfords sell a bundle dirt cheap), barrel squeegee, gloves (finger shots hurt) and plenty to drink.

Any more questions just shout!

Reactions: Kyle Ellis

Kyle Ellis

Aug 17, 2018
Bristol
What set up you have? How about maker setting what your site use? I just don't fancy being that person that holds up every one :( yep i have got gloves on order and few little things.I have had a shot hit me in the middle of my finger and that hurts! Where you normally go? Thanks for your reply

king_p90

Band Of Badgers
Oct 25, 2014
Hastings, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
No worries mate, I currently have:
Markers: Dye M2, DLX Luxe Oled, Empire Axe Pro, Empire Dfender.
Hoppers: Dye R2, HK Army TFX, think there may be a Viewloader in the bottom of the kit bag somewhere!
Tank: Fuel Supralite 68/4.5k, Gorilla 3k steelie for back up.
Mask: Empire E-flex (awesome mask, have three spares).
Pod pack: HK Army Zero-G 4+7, cheap Empire 4+5.

Marker settings depend on the site but are basically in three categories:
Fire mode: Semi Auto or Ramping (there are also different types of ramping Millenium, NXL, PSP, etc).
BPS limit: how many balls per second your marker can fire, most sites have a limit between 10 and 15bps.
FPS (feet per second): how fast the ball comes out the barrel, somewhere between 260 and 280fps.

Fire mode and BPS are only for electro markers and can easily be set at home the day before. If you buy a mechanical marker, you won't need to worry, but will probably be wanting to go electro very quickly.
Your FPS will be checked over a chrono by a marshall on the day. You use an allen key to adjust the velocity (how depends on marker) until you're below the site limit, very easy to do and I'm sure a marshall would help.

Our usual sites are: Mayhem (Romford), Campaign (Cobham), Driverwood (Gatwick) and Bullswood (Dormansland)

king_p90

Band Of Badgers
Oct 25, 2014
Hastings, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Tips:
Move, it's a lot harder to hit a moving target.
Keep everything tucked in, try not to stick your elbow, knee or foot outside the bunker.
Try to shoot round sides of bunkers not over the top, you present a much smaller target.
To aim, tilt the marker over a little and look down the barrel, with time you will develop muscle memory and not need to aim directly.
Communicate with your team, tell them what you see. Ask for cover fire when you move up, provide cover fire when they do.

When it comes to buying a marker, go tournament style. So many people I know started with a milsim style marker (myself included), and really quickly realised tourny markers are so much better at every type of paintballing.

Reactions: silversurfer09
Sep 17, 2018
First walk on was awesome, I was awful, and didn't even use the whole box of paint I bought (I'm now going through two on an average day). You will find it a dramatic change in pace and tempo compared to rental games.

If it's a good site they will usually have a quick look at your marker, I've seen some sites replace every o-ring and not charge a penny.
Failing that ask for help, most of us are really friendly and will gladly help where we can. I for one have Teched loads of markers on walk-ons, very rarely found a marker that couldn't be fixed quickly.
You will eventually learn how to do all this stuff yourself, even the high end guns aren't that complicated. There's loads of guides on the web and videos on youtube.

Assuming you're renting the gear from the site: You've already bought the most important bit (mask), other than that clean set of clothes and shoes, microfibre cloths (Halfords sell a bundle dirt cheap), barrel squeegee, gloves (finger shots hurt) and plenty to drink.

Any more questions just shout!
Relatable

CH1LLYD0GG

Aug 2, 2018
I had my first taste of paintball last weekend and enjoyed myself. Rental mask left me half blind (standard), shot a few and got shot a few. Felt that little devil laugh when you sneak up on someone and you have them dead to rights ..... splatted them gooood!

Came home, ordered a mask and am looking forward to carrying on.

Reactions: Jeff Wealleans

robwoods

Oct 24, 2018
I went paintballing for the first time the other week, enjoyed it so much I've decided to take it up. I'm stuck deciding which marker to get though - I've narrowed it down to the Proto Rize Maxxed, GOG eNMEy or the Planet Eclipse EMek :confused: