Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hugo Domingues banned for 8yrs for assulting a marshal in Bitburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
That VTDB paragraph was so badly written, I struggled to get much from it. If what I understand is correct, the point of the article was that:

A: The actions that Hugo took aren't covered in the rule book, or any rule book that could be construed as having effect in European paintball; therefore there is no written punishment for such actions and the ban is somewhat placed on questionable grounds.
B: MS are being directly criticised for handing out 'a ban out of thin air', even going so far as stating that everyone should be fearful of their position in the series because of this.
I think the point of the article is that the rules are not defined and that the way of handing out punishment is not defined.

I 100% believe he should be banned but i also believe that there should be a correct way of deciding what that punishment shall be. After all people are asking for events like the MS to be available to the wider public (tv etc). How can we promote a sport where there is no upto date rule book, after all if it wasnt for the fact I started on sites like this I would never have been told about rule changes with coaching, kit colours and bunker changes.
I maybe way off the mark but thats how I read it.

Cheers

Last edited:

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Considering his influence in portugeuse sceane
who at the Millennium Series gives a **** about Portugal?

I dont see how that has any bearing on this decision. Even if Hugo arranges all of Portugal to boycott the Mills, they'd loose out on what? 1cpl team and maybe, maybe two M5 teams!? Like they give a crap haha

Last edited:

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
This time next year No-one will remember, Oh sure they will remember the incident in Germany but wont remember who it was ... soon forgotten.
Oh, I expect Douggie, and Ulrich, will!

who at the Millennium Series gives a **** about Portugal?
Pedro? Oh, hang on...

I dont see how that has any bearing on this decision. Even if Hugo arranges all of Portugal to boycott the Mills, they'd loose out on what? 1cpl team and maybe, maybe two M5 teams!? Like they give a crap haha
1 CPL (Benfica), 1 Div 1 (Benfica 2) & 1 Div 3, so far, 2 less than last season's entries

Oh, and M5 died last season!

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
I could well be wrong (Happens often) but I THINK the point of the VTDB article is actually that there are rules for a physical altication but the MS response has gone far beyond the punishment decribed in those rules.
Don't get me wrong, personally I think the punishment was far too lenient. As far as i'm concerned, if a player commits an assault against anyone at an event, be they other players, refs, spectators etc. Then they should be looking at a life time ban, and the police should be called imediately.

Last edited:

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
I'm really torn on this issue. Whilst I believe that any physical altercation between a ref and player should result in a harsh punishment for the person who escalated the situation to assault, I'm also inclined to agree that if there are rules in place that define a punishment, then they should be followed.

Maybe MS should take this opportunity to review their rules and bring them up to date so that there can be a bit more consistency and transparency in the way these things are dealt with in the future.

Now I have a somewhat related mini-rant regarding the state of the rules, lol.
This past season was my first season in the UK tournament scene and the first season our team played together, and so I spent quite a long time looking up rules so our newer players would know exactly what was expected of them. CPPS says their rules are based on the MS rules, and the most current rule book on the MS page is from 2006 and does not include many changes that have been made as someone else mentioned. It really does make things more difficult and confusing than it needs to be for newer players just getting into the sport or moving into the sport from another country/league.

Reactions: frobinson

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Well, apparently, the MS is supposed to be publishing a 2013 rulebook.

Which should not be too hard, as it is mostly copy & paste.

Reactions: StubbsPKS

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I see. Is the EPBF going to carry on the MS tradition of publishing amendments,rather than a full rulebook year by year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.