Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hugo Domingues banned for 8yrs for assulting a marshal in Bitburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P8ntball News

Administrator
Jan 8, 2012
http://www.millennium-series.com/rul...es=suspensions

Hugo Domingues banned for 8yrs for assulting a marshal in Bitburg.

"To protect our customers and staff from further deliberate and malicious assaults by player Domingues, the Millennium Series has decided to ban him for 8 years from all tournaments, starting in calendar year 2013.
For 8 years he will not be allowed onto tournament grounds in any capacity, not as player, not as spectator nor as staff of a vendor. After 5 years, player Domingues may appeal for review of his case. The Millennium Series will also inform EPBF to take appropriate action.
German law enforcement agencies are investigating the case as well and the Millennium Series will fully cooperate with them."

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
nope but have read all that is currently available, and as this is my opinion based on that.

Rikk

Mar 22, 2011
Salisbury
Sorry cool3108, have to disagree. No official should be subjected to any type of assualt. Irrespective if the decision made is right or wrong. These guys (marshals) have a tough enough time trying to make the right decision, please everyone and keep the games flowing smoothly. Mistakes get made, some in our favour, some against, but they balance out.
If we started losing marshals because of this sort of behaviour, we'd lose the tournie scene. Players far out number marshals, and without those guys in the middle being shot at for trying to do a job without shooting back, we'd have no game/sport.

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
I know Rich i have marshalled and know how hard it is but still. and here is an account of what happened;
Hugo was leaving the field and was out of the four lines to go along with his colleague Sven where they spoke out as the net, and a referee applies 1por1 by talking on the pitch. Hugo asks why and the referee turns his back, Hugo asks again and again is ignored, so the Hugo pulls the jersey without any violence to try to talk to the referee and this cut him off and says that the card is ejected. Hugo wait until the end of the game and meet at the table to talk to referees referee where the mind and says that Hugo had pulled him by the throat and threatened. Several people saw and testified, saying the referee was lying, the referee after a while he admitted the truth, but still decide that the Hugo and expelled. Hugo asks the referee finds that the cast is right what he did, where it responds in a tone of joy
Normally i would completely go for the ban but the accounts have made me believe that it was not as one sided as it seems, even though he acted terribly as physical confrontation is the worst way to do things.

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
There are as always 3 sides to every story, theirs, yours and the truth, I spoke to a few guys who were at Bitburg today, and this certainly wasn't the impression that I was left with.

But at the end of the day dispite knowing these guys well and for a long time, I didn't see it so wont be commenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.