Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hush/Kush Bolt on Etek4 - worth it?

Georgeydores

May 10, 2014
Coventry
Just got an Etek4, and was wondering if there is a noticeable difference to the noise if you use a Hush or Kush bolt?
Absolutely it does, I run a Kush on mine, just for ease on my paint, but the difference in noise is still noticeable, if you want it quiet, go for the Hush, for ease on paint and efficiency, Kush all the way

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
Next to no difference what so ever. no quieter just an ever so slightly different noise, tried it out with mine and a mate stood next to me with the same marker minus the hush, same fps, same barrels etc etc and not a single person could even tell the difference.

dont ruin your planet marker with aftermarket techt crap

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I've just fitted one to my backup Ego 7. (only did it because it came without a bolt when bought, and the cure bolt from my kitbag spares poke out the back - awful look!)
TBH, hardly noticed any difference- it sounds different but not quieter necessarily. Not shot enough to notice any change in efficiency, but I doubt there will be any.
If you want to upgrade the bolt, a Cure 4 would seem a better call IMHO?

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
mine jumped up at 10fps when i put it in like, but i noticed alot more breech wear.

yeah cure 4 all the way, soft tipped so you can fire fragile paint. where as both the techt ones are hard plastic faced

LanceG

May 10, 2014
I had both the cure4 and kush bolt for my etek4s and didn't really notice a difference with either and never tried a hush bolt but didn't think any of them was worth the extra money

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Got the hush bolt in mine and combined with a slightly longer, and more ported barrel (un1tech) it quietens it down a lot

I also noticed a 15 fps jump when I fitted it, suggesting more air efficiency than stock eclipse bolt... maybe due to o-rings