Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hydro test

adria_mosso

May 5, 2017
Hi.
My 13ci 3000 guerrilla air tank must pass the hydro test soon, but the only paintball shop here in spain says they dont hydro test them. Any idea?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi.
My 13ci 3000 guerrilla air tank must pass the hydro test soon, but the only paintball shop here in spain says they dont hydro test them. Any idea?
I can't be sure for Spain, but a 13ci aluminium 3000psi is exempt from testing here in the UK and I assume also for Europe
(Aluminium below 48ci here, or in America it's the 2 by 2 rule - below 2inch diameter and below 2 feet in height)

adria_mosso

May 5, 2017
You mean never hydrotested? That would be great for my budget but for what i know air tanks are the only really dangerous thing in paintball, and i dont want a bad surprise some day xD

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
UKPSF HPA1 on air safety:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/united-kingdom-paintball-sport-federation/high-pressure-air-paintball-safety-information-guide-hpa-1/349610921821652/

There could be cylinders still in existence on some of the old specifications, but for current cylinders built in the last decade or so it is:

Small aluminium 3000psi cylinders such as the 13ci are exempt from testing
Standard aluminium 3000psi cylinders are subject to a legal 10 year hydro test cycle (though the HPA1 says 5 years to minimise confusion) and an unlimited overall lifetime
Fibre wrapped cylinders - 4500psi etc have a 5 year test cylcie with a maximum 15 year lifetime
Older ultra light fibre cylinders could not be hydrotested and had a 5 year maximum, but newer ultra light types can be tested for a 5 year cylcle up to 15 years lifetime

New UN ISO cylinders have a 5 year cycle and 38 year lifetime

Whichever cylinder and whatever the date you should always make a visual check and ensure everything is in good condition. This is more vital to fibre cylinders to ensure the reinforces carbon fibre isn't nicked or cracked, and aluminiums can take a severe beating
The burst disks could fail over time, and these are a safety feature

If in doubt check the paintball body for your country, UKPSF, EPBF etc and for the uk Trevor of HPAC is an excellent source for air safety and legislation knowledge

Reactions: adria_mosso

adria_mosso

May 5, 2017
I asked about it to another paintball shop, that is their answer:
"Any tank 2 inches in diameter or smaller does not need to be tested. but obviously common sense prevails if the tank looks in poor condition then replace"

So I will be using the same tank hoping not to explode some day xD

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
All the other bottles need testing so there must be test centres somewhere in your country, so if you really wanted to get it tested you should be able to find somewhere to do it.