Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I fear Oranges

Tramples

No Limit token fat person
Jun 28, 2009
Swindon
Rule question.

I know the Milleniums banned Orange a while ago but what about the domestic events. CPPS, Masters, Superfives etc. I feel the need to do some guesting so thought I might go get a nice new Empire jersey, Orange of course, but before dropping £70 I thought it might be an idea to check.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
new rules for millennium and subsequently all tournaments using those rules (like CPPS) now have yellow as the banned colour. orange is now allowed again i think.

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Well Dye released all that Orange Cloth Camo looking stuff and stopped making the Leopard print/ Yellow i4s ( :( ) so I'd assume Orange is back in. Or certainly was in the PSP.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
Taken from the 2013 Rules...

The colour yellow is prohibited on any players equipment or clothing, except that a player's jersey, pants, gloves or shoes may have yellow, so long as no part of the yellow colouring is more than 0.25 cm from some other colour, and no more than 10% of any 5cm by 5cm square on clothing or item is yellow.

For reference purposes, 'yellow' is any colour similar to Pantone colours 101, 102, 107, 108, 109, 116, 3945, 3955, 3965, and 803, although any head judge may prohibit any equipment they believe interferes with the judges' ability to officiate effectively.

Reactions: Donk

Tramples

No Limit token fat person
Jun 28, 2009
Swindon
So just yellow causing trouble now then. Good cos I can go looking for an ego 11 in hunter now as well.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Why they ban colors? And more important, why the banned colors change from year to year? It sounds silly to me...
No colours were banned originally, but it made it increasingly difficult for a ref to spot, for example, a pink hit on a player wearing all pink.

Some colours were banned after complaints that they stained I believe, but this is separate to your question.

They have cycled through a few colours, and have stuck on yellow as the banned colour for now (so tournaments can use yellow paint)

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
This make sense of course, to ban the color that match the paints used.

What most surprises me is that there is no "standard" color for tournament paint, easy to spot and not in use by clothing makers. I mean, it is a problem that probably happen on all the countries around the world, and still rules change from time to time and from one to other tournament.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation Bolter :)