Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I fear Oranges

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
So just yellow causing trouble now then. Good cos I can go looking for an ego 11 in hunter now as well.
Do love that colour scheme :) (pure hunter to be specific)

Is it likely they will change their mind on the orange again?

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Where can I read Millennium rules? Also, there is any "General rules" I can check? New at this matters, so I want to learn the bits of Speedball.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
This make sense of course, to ban the color that match the paints used.

What most surprises me is that there is no "standard" color for tournament paint, easy to spot and not in use by clothing makers. I mean, it is a problem that probably happen on all the countries around the world, and still rules change from time to time and from one to other tournament.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation Bolter :)
that's probably not quite right, because its from my memory, but the gist is good :) standard is now yellow paint. Its the colour they currently deemed most visible after trying a few such as orange and pink. Thats my guess anyway.

In the old days, you used what ever colour you could buy.

New York Air Pistol Open 1987 APG Magazine Paintball x3.jpg
(New York Air Pistol Open 1987 APG Magazine)

And in the really old days, you used wax red ;)

duelling with wax bullets hodge.nz.jpg

Alex Hodge said:
Paintball is usually thought to have started in the 1980's, marking trees to be cut with paint, but it can be traced much further back to the 1900's in Paris, to the much more bad-ass "Bloodless Duelling" at the Paris school of duelling, using wax bullets.

Full article/source here, found by Robert Smith:http://www.bartitsu.org/index.php/2011/12/paintball-edwardian-style-bloodless-duelling-with-wax-bullets-circa-1908/

Reactions: Ballantin