Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I have profits, want a better mask

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
I got a set of sly profits a couple weeks ago second hand, i wore them for the first time over the weekend whilst marshalling and playing.

I now know what it's like to be asthmatic and semi deaf.

I love the field of view they offer but struggle to breathe and can't hear anything.

What masks would people recommend that keep thermal lense and a decent fov but let me breathe and hear better.

strafingrun

Apr 2, 2010
chorley
seconding the flexes, least obtrusive mask Ive worn with thermals - FOV on both the jt and empire types is good but unremarkable

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
E-Flex are great. My top tip is to double strap them - found that they sat oddly on face until I added the second strap, now they're perfect - great breathability and doesn't muffle your hearing.

RichB

Devoid of ego
Sep 3, 2010
Teeside
Another vote here for E-Flex (or E-Vent - which I am fond of too). Both excellent masks - very comfortable with very good ventilation.

shaydap

Sep 5, 2011
All the Empire masks are really good, seen some JT masks recently tho and looked pretty good depends on budget and style im pretty sure if you ask most players they let you try them on best do it at start of the day rather than end lol bit sweaty

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
Cheers for the info guys, I did try on the profits but didn't notice the hearing and asthmatic aspects! I will give the Flex's a go I think

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
I'm going to go against the grain here and recommend the Dye i4.

Are a much lighter weight mask than something like the E-flex, in that they are physically smaller, and so they do offer less protection around the side, have quite a high jaw on them so if you've got a long face the bottom of your chin can be a bit exposed, but for me I think they are incredibly comfortable, easy to breath in, never fogged up on me, and because there isn't much material around your ears and mouth are fantastic when it comes to hearing other players and making calls of your own.

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
Everybody will have a mask to suit them so I would try different ones and find the best to suit you.

Jt Flexs I found sat on the bridge of my nose and I felt like I had got a cold.... now the E-Flex may be better I haven't tried them yet

I would agree with southernP8nt on the Dye i4, I use them for woodsball as they are excellent for not fogging up, light and easy to communicate at the expense of protection due to such small coverage of your head, not that it bothers me.

I use Grills predominately, like a slightly more focused view and have no issues with hearing or breathing thorough them and they are a lot better now as you get get a true two panel thermal lense for them.

Boothy

Jul 28, 2008
I personally love the JT flex. I've had E-vents and I struggled with breathing, but they were very comfortable. Grillz are pretty nice and compact too.