Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I hope this is not true. Apparently a big company is in very serious trouble

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Id suggest that the lack of innovation that comes out of smartparts as of late has something to do with it all.

Apart form the luxe, sold under a different name what have they done?

The ion... rebanding it with different names and upgrades only goes so far. It is a pretty nasty marker be all and end all, and for just a few more bucks you can pick up a high end marker second hand, or even something like the Protoge (a vice with less fancy milling) whichw ill kick its ass.

Shockers... realy? how old are these now?

Milsim stuff... how many people do you see running around with an SP8 or whatever they labeled it.

The new impulse, basically a gen 4 timmy.

Considering how much momentum SP generated with the release of the ion, im surprised to see they couldn't keep the ball rolling.
Errr how long ago was the Ion actually released? 5years ago??? That's an Eon in businss terms, any comparison to todays guns of course it will seem dated. As for the high end guns, what do you think the proportion of these is sold compared to the Ion's / MilSim stuff???

The Ion was a mass market tournament gun and compared to other guns, it was recession priced. Unfortunately it was released 4 years too early, and we are now seeing the blowback from over investment (or leverage) from companies believing Paintball was going to grow exponentially (possibly off the back of TV :rolleyes: ). You've got to wonder, if the Gardners made this move 4/5 years ago, then perhaps Paintball had already reached it's terminal point and the only way was down. The US recession came along and really kicked them in the nuts.

Steve@Warped

WWW.WARPEDONLINE.COM
Mar 26, 2007
Warped sports
No need to hide, i got told off last time so im not allowed to be naughty for a while :eek:

And while you say it has some new stuff on it, it doesn't make up for the fact it looks like sh*t!

id rather buy an ego

Have you acctually seen an IMPULSE, proberbly not bee as though warped are the only company in the UK that have them, and i have not seen you in the shop, and we have not taken them to any events yet???

Also it has alot of innovation, its the first stack to not have macroline:cool:

If you would like to shoot one of these guns, come in to the shop,i'll be more than happy to let you put a hopper of paint through one, or come over and
see us at the fed cup.:D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Errr how long ago was the Ion actually released? 5years ago??? That's an Eon in businss terms, any comparison to todays guns of course it will seem dated. As for the high end guns, what do you think the proportion of these is sold compared to the Ion's / MilSim stuff???

The Ion was a mass market tournament gun and compared to other guns, it was recession priced. Unfortunately it was released 4 years too early, and we are now seeing the blowback from over investment (or leverage) from companies believing Paintball was going to grow exponentially (possibly off the back of TV :rolleyes: ). You've got to wonder, if the Gardners made this move 4/5 years ago, then perhaps Paintball had already reached it's terminal point and the only way was down. The US recession came along and really kicked them in the nuts.
I'm not one to blow smoke up anyone's ass but my own but this post succinctly and expertly explains why SP could be, allegedly, maybe in a spot of bother.

Great post Glen !!!

GODDY

?
Oct 2, 2006
staffs
from pbnation

Despite rumors to the contrary, Pennsylvania based Smart Parts, Inc, remains open for business.

"The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." This famous quote often attributed to Mark Twain is also applicable to Smart Parts, Inc. The manufacturer and distributor of paintball products, now in its 20th year of operation remains in business, despite Internet rumors to the contrary.

Due to recent paintball industry contraction, widely believed to be linked to current economic conditions, Smart Parts downsized, laying off a number of employees on September 2nd. This staffing change has resulted in fast-flowing and incorrect rumors.

"It was painful to do," said company Vice-President Adam Gardner. "We are a family owned and operated business as well as a major employer in our community. Unfortunately current market conditions have forced this staff reduction upon us. The rumors that we have closed, gone into or are planning on going into bankruptcy, are completely false."
Smart Parts remains open for business, taking orders and shipping product as usual.

Smart Parts, Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and accessories for the sport of paintball. For more information, visit www.SmartParts.com.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
from pbnation

Despite rumors to the contrary, Pennsylvania based Smart Parts, Inc, remains open for business.

"The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." This famous quote often attributed to Mark Twain is also applicable to Smart Parts, Inc. The manufacturer and distributor of paintball products, now in its 20th year of operation remains in business, despite Internet rumors to the contrary.

Due to recent paintball industry contraction, widely believed to be linked to current economic conditions, Smart Parts downsized, laying off a number of employees on September 2nd. This staffing change has resulted in fast-flowing and incorrect rumors.

"It was painful to do," said company Vice-President Adam Gardner. "We are a family owned and operated business as well as a major employer in our community. Unfortunately current market conditions have forced this staff reduction upon us. The rumors that we have closed, gone into or are planning on going into bankruptcy, are completely false."
Smart Parts remains open for business, taking orders and shipping product as usual.

Smart Parts, Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and accessories for the sport of paintball. For more information, visit www.SmartParts.com.
oh bu**er....:(

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
as for me i would hate to see sp go under,, and alot of people who hate them are misplaced, but if we like them or hate them, sp not in paintball is bad! the sport struggles and is small enough as it is, we dont want to be losing one of the major players! :) hope that they are the only job loses for people working for sp and that they are back on the up soon!