Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I hope this is not true. Apparently a big company is in very serious trouble

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
maybe he means that the majority of SP 'haters' are merely just sycophantic kids (sheep) who idolise other manufactures to the hilt and have never actually owned an SP product to actually judge them fairly.

but maybe it's something totally different:confused:

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
shold SP shut sho, srely that would have an affect on stores aswell? warped etc who rely on SP products to sell.

which in a domino affect hits us all hard?

just the way i see it.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
Exactly my friend alot of people say they hate smart parts becasue they herd some one else say it,, and they cant judge as alot havnt even used there markers, alot of people also have and are intitled to there opionion, which also goes for the people that hate sp because of the court cases etc, now im no law expert and dont want to get into all that, but i see it as sp lookin after themselves, and fair doos some companies could of gone out of business because of it and the people who were fans of those companies might have the right to be annoyed at sp, but alot of people say they hate them because some one else did and are following the crowd, but all in all maybe some bad decisions were made, but all people in business learn from things they have done! and would defo be a great shame for sp to go down the pan,, which i doubt very much will happen!

and on the note of being linked to warped yes i am, but i am in no way biased to smart parts, i dont like or dislike any company more than another and whatever people believe we shoot what ever markers we want!

choice of marker is personal preference imo,,

And i would be sad to see any company struggling in this industry, because the more companies out there striving to be the best means us the customer get a better product in the end from everybody trying to make the best,,

wouldnt it be boring if we all used exactly the same kit,,

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Exactly my friend alot of people say they hate smart parts becasue they herd some one else say it,, and they cant judge as alot havnt even used there markers, alot of people also have and are intitled to there opionion, which also goes for the people that hate sp because of the court cases etc, now im no law expert and dont want to get into all that, but i see it as sp lookin after themselves, and fair doos some companies could of gone out of business because of it and the people who were fans of those companies might have the right to be annoyed at sp, but alot of people say they hate them because some one else did and are following the crowd, but all in all maybe some bad decisions were made, but all people in business learn from things they have done! and would defo be a great shame for sp to go down the pan,, which i doubt very much will happen!

and on the note of being linked to warped yes i am, but i am in no way biased to smart parts, i dont like or dislike any company more than another and whatever people believe we shoot what ever markers we want!

choice of marker is personal preference imo,,

And i would be sad to see any company struggling in this industry, because the more companies out there striving to be the best means us the customer get a better product in the end from everybody trying to make the best,,

wouldnt it be boring if we all used exactly the same kit,,
SP are like a verruca on every paintball players foot, their patent bull**** caused a lot of innovation in paintball to cease. Products and companies have disappeared because of their attempt to strangle the life out of paintball. It may be good business practice to threaten smaller companies into giving way with lies and legal threats, but i doubt it's done much for paintball.

Thank goodness someone had the balls to stand up for themselves instead of bowing to the nazi-like dictatorship sp would have brought on us.

I for one wouldn't mourn the loss of sp.

G

Gassy

sp are like a verruca on every paintball players foot, their patent bull**** caused a lot of innovation in paintball to cease. Products and companies have disappeared because of their attempt to strangle the life out of paintball. It may be good business practice to threaten smaller companies into giving way with lies and legal threats, but i doubt it's done much for paintball.

Thank goodness someone had the balls to stand up for themselves instead of bowing to the nazi-like dictatorship sp would have brought on us.

I for one wouldn't mourn the loss of sp.

qft

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
not all that up on patent law, as i don't have a someone who makes them up like children make up imaginary friends. The damage is done, all we can do is put the pieces back together and hope all is well.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I will declare a personal bias but not a company one.
Billy and Adam are friends of mine, not bosom buddies but I have spent a lot of time with them both and stayed at their houses and got to know them pretty well.
They never involved me in their business affairs and so I can rightly declare the required detachment but ironically my point will be personal ... but not to them.

I wonder how many of the people throwing their hands up in righteous indignation would not have done the same thing in similar positions?

Of course, everybody will declare the moral high-ground and confound commonsense by having me believe we don't have one honest soul who would go down a similar road.
I don't agree with a lot of what they did and I told them so to their face on occasion but really, I had no right to; The US is a hotbed of litigation and patent fraud ..... really, what would you have done?
And before you answer, do you really know what they did, or did you just hear about them eating babies?

I also wonder how many Brits here nurture a hatred for SP because in the early days of that patent struggle, they were pitched up against our own WDP and thus set in motion a US v UK patent/propoganda issue war ...... do we all really think that during those years of litigation between the two companies, the white flag of truth and justice was held aloft every day by WDP?

Both of those companies fought tooth and nail and did everything they could to protect what they believed to be their own.

And before any ignoramus tries to tell me WDP were first with their electronic marker then wind yer necks in and listen up, I was playing for the All Americans (Billy and Adam's team) when that first Shocker was being made and I was privy at that time to a small window of its development ..... that period co-incided exactly with the same development time-frame of WDP's Angel .... And I have zero idea (and I doubt whether the Gardners or the Greens do either) who crossed that finish line first with regard to fully completed, patentable marker.

The point is though, in the US, it's the people who patent first who are declared the winners in that particular race.
The ensuing litigation war duly polarised the industry because everybody knew what was looming in terms of royalties but I tell ya one thing, there wasn't one person among those industry guys who wouldn't have done much the same thing as SP.

I would hope I try to be a stand-up guy who doesn't fcuk his mates over, but in the US this is done with consummate ease and with the convenient euphemism of 'It's just business' .... this apparently makes it OK for anybody to fcuk anybody in the US, even friends.

I know of only two men who probably wouldn't have gone down this road of fcuking friends over (who were in a position to do this) but I tell ya what, they would have still patented the ass outa of every other bastid out there.

But saying all this, there were some things Billy and Adam did that I would never have done and I done some baaaaadd things in my life but then, so did WDP in what they would have described as their fight for survival .... but I wonder if it's all a matter of perspective here ... or at least in part.

I spose my point after all this is, things ain't always what they seem and who among us knows exactly what went down, all we have are approximations to the truth, some more approximate than others.

And please, I don't want this post to deter anybody spouting off, I ain't gonna jump down nobody's throat (well, as long as you don't attack me that is) for attacking SP or the Gardners but if you do, please don't do it unless you are gonna explain why you are doing it.
Apart from that, I look forward to reading them, no matter how vitriolic they are.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
exactly!!!! so many people hate sp and they dont really no what went down, I for one dont no the ins and outs and wouldnt try to even say i do, Robbo obv knows more than most about it, and has a view on the matter which has more substance to it other responses from people, Alot of people who stand the morale high ground would of done exactly the same in that posistion, whether what they did was right or wrong i really hope sp comes out of the problems they are in a stronger and better organised company so they dont land in trouble again in the future, and that goes out to any pb company that would find themselves in trouble, anything that doesnt kill makes you stronger,