Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I hope this is not true. Apparently a big company is in very serious trouble

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
well imo if it was your business and lively hood you were protecting, and maybe your kids future etc, then yes i would, maybe not all the things and the exactly the way they did it, but looking after your own interests, yes everybody would do that!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
maybe "most" of us "might" have done something similar to sp, but at the end of the day "would we".
Well, the fact you have already written 'maybe' and 'might' pretty much answers your own question Tom....

I know what you are getting at Tom but money is a peculiar thing, I have seen many a man sideline their declared morality in favor of stacking out their back pocket.

The problem in circumstances such as this, it is nigh on impossible for everybody to be in similar circumstances as the Gardners once were and therefore it's extremely easy for a lot of people to declare their own morality as being unquestionable when in reality, it will more than likely be compromised at least ....leastwise that is my experience in life.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i agree that its not nice to see them 2 companies go out of business, but maybe the thinking was to show people they are willing to protect there property etc,, if sp hadnt done what they did and took the morale high ground as you say, one of the other big companies would of done exaclty the same and could of even caused sp to close back then, in alot of ways they probaly felt they had to protect what they felt was there property!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
were they such a threat that they would have destroyed sp.
Tom, I don't wanna harp on about how well I know these guys you are referring to but I was around all this cr@p at the time and in a priviliged position I suppose, and SP had zero to with the demise of AGD ..... The Automag had already had its time by the time patent rights were being bandied around and Tom's (Kaye) next generation markers, the RT and Emag, these had very real problems and in my opinion, it was these problems that sealed AGD's fate and pretty much nothing to do with SP.

Tom Kaye had big problems in clearing up these niggling problems with his markers and by the time he did (with the help of our own John Sosta), he had missed the boat and AGD could never really overcome the inertia of 'bad publicity'.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
i suppose you could say

"i kicked the crap out of a granny because i thought she might have got in my way.........i was only protecting my property."

What's wrong with that..?????????????:(