Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I might be delusional but …

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
The UK bears some striking resemblances to Dr. Who's Tardis. It may look small on a map but is in fact chuffing enormous. How else do you think we can shoe-horn a population of 60 million onto these islands?

Rule Britania!!!

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
For those of a more scientific nature here are some quick facts comparing the size of the UK, California and Oregan courtesy of National Geographic...

UK
Area
244,101 sq km (94,248 sq mi)

Population

California
Area
411,470 sq km (158,869 sq mi)

Population

Oregan
Area
251,571 sq km (97,132 sq mi)

Population

Micah and Quicky were spot on apart from the driving across it comment. Our national road system sucks! The M25 is in a class all of it's own for going nowhere quick.

By the way, Oregan must be REALLY boring...

Micah

Originally posted by Coran @ Bullswood
Micah and Quicky were spot on apart from the driving across it comment. Our national road system sucks! The M25 is in a class all of it's own for going nowhere quick.

By the way, Oregan must be REALLY boring...
I had said assuming there was no traffic ... I was just trying to guage the size. It takes me about 3 hours to get to Vegas and about 3 hours to get to mexico ... But if I get caught in that 405 traffic, it could take me a week.

I'm not ragging on the UK ... I just never knew it's actual size so I was trying to compare it to something I know (socal ... )

The UK, Living proof that it's what you do with it, not the size that counts.

-Micah

QuikSilver

The roads to Vegas on most part are str8 and long. There was nothing to obstruct their installment of the road, just desert.

If there was a road that was completely linear across the UK, west to east, I bet you could drive across (with no traffic) in a few hours.

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by QuikSilver
If there was a road that was completely linear across the UK, west to east, I bet you could drive across (with no traffic) in a few hours.
That would still be an impossible task, coz if we had a road like that, then the police would fill it with speed traps and drop the limit down to 30mph....just so they can make an easy buck:D

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Originally posted by Bud (Redz)

That would still be an impossible task, coz if we had a road like that, then the police would fill it with speed traps and drop the limit down to 30mph....just so they can make an easy buck:D
Plus there would be non-stop road works and some crazy contra-flows...

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Originally posted by Micah
Isn’t The UK about the size of Southern California? How many sites could there possibly be there and are any of them more than like 3 hours away from any point (assuming there’s no traffic …) How big is the UK really? They don't teach us much in public school here in the states ...

-Micah
Micah this Island ain't very big! But if the damn government would use the road TAX for road construction you MIGHT make it half way in a day! If you were lucky! Does the term BACK WOODS mean anything to you! Honestly you can't do 30 miles in under 45mins to an hour here!