Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I think I brought an out of date bottle....

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
So my second hand marker arrived today with this tank. I can't find a test sticker on it and I can see a date printed on it. It isn't the death date is it? Or is it the date it was made?

I'm hoping I can still use it :( if I fill myself with a dive tank, can I still use it at sites? I suspect not I just want to check before I write it off!

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Born date April 2008 and you have 5 yrs test before you need to re-test

So 2008 + 5 April 2013 so yes its out of test

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Assuming it's UK legal (should be a Pi mark on there somewhere) just get it tested ( was £25 last time i got one done) and it'll be good for another 5 years. As for being able to use it at a site, well that will be down to them but any UKPSF accredited site shouldn't allow it be used.

Last edited:

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
Few, that's just a born date, I thought it was a dead date! I have a place near me that test them. I'll give them a call :) when I get home I'll double check for the Pi mark as I can't see one in that photo!

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Selling out of test tanks is against forum rules

So I hope it wasn't picked up through BST section on here

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Few, that's just a born date, I thought it was a dead date! I have a place near me that test them. I'll give them a call :) when I get home I'll double check for the Pi mark as I can't see one in that photo!

I have the same tank as this and was tested last year all ok

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
Selling out of test tanks is against forum rules

So I hope it wasn't picked up through BST section on here
No brought from a biking forum strangely, I just found the ad on google. He also posted 4 pyro paint 'nades which I wasn't sure to laugh at or frown at!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Remember the Pi mark is the 'gate' Pi symbol and not the word Pi
(On occasion people have thought they ended up with a US bottle because of US in the markings.

Historically (circa 5 or more years ago) when I began people were bringing scuba bottles to fill, partly because sites only had co2 and partly so they would be let alone to fill their own US DOT bottles.

UKPSF sites will all check your bottle, and any site worth it's salt will check.
Remember that hydro tests are a safety check in the same way as an mot for cars. Neither of them reflect the condition today, only the condition at the time of testing. You would not drive a car with no mot, you do not know how the bottle has been handled before it came to you, you only know it was up to a standard when it was made. This is probably a bit over dramatic, and you can get a reasonable idea from the condition or any marks. (Damage to the fibre is an instant fail anyway). But worse things have happened - since my early days we have had many scares with people blowing burst disks at the wrong fill station and a couple of genuine bottle explosions in Europe - one around here down south.

People have learned real lessons, safe processes put in place and awareness publicised
a test is easy, and also much cheaper then buying scuba and / or evading bottle checks

You just need a test run at any IDEST centre
http://www.sita.org.uk/idest/idest_members.php

And check out the UKPSF HPA 1 for air safety
http://www.oaklandsfestival.host56.com/web_documents/air information.pdf

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
Understood, I plan on getting a dive tank to fill at home anyway (for testing and because I actually want to use it as a 'marker' for trees on a farm near me). I was just worried that the date was dead date (as in after said date, if can't retest to keep it in test) not a born!

Thanks all