Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

id cards

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
the millennium series want id card done with pre reqistering but my team have pointed out that sending credit card details by email is very risky. will there be a secure system to send this data or and address to post it as presently it is being sent by email which my team do not want to do.

also we have to have the cards shown all the time - will they be supplying lanyards or do we have to spend more money in buying them (many people will have them for squeegies but i don't and this is the same for many in my team)

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Send em by email ya big wimp!! :rolleyes:

Email is waaaaaaaaaaaay more secure than buying something down the phone via CC - do you know how easy it is to put an induction coil next to a phone line and record everything that's said?

And as for handing over your credit card ina restaurant where some bloke/bird you've never met before takes your card away from you to another room/other side of the room - I won't even go into how many many times less secure that is than email.

And as for lanyards, I seem to remember the last few Millenniums I've been to, people like Kingmann and Raven have practically given them away.

Either that or just cable tie them to your goggles or something. :p

I Have to say I agree with you flash!

I arrived home from world cup with nothing in the fridge so off I go to tescos only to have my credit card refused :eek:

It turned out the cleaners from our hotel had stolen my recipts and been off on an internet spend. Luckly for me it all go sorted out with in days and I got refunded, when the purchases were made I was mid air flying home! it just goes to show you can't be too carefull.

This is why we have been doing lots of research in to making sure our upand comming on line booking ect will be secure and all details encrypted. We will be using the same company as Oxfam.

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Having seen the form that our Lulu was worried about, I can say I agree - there's no way that even IF I was allowed a credit card, I would be sticking it on that form - there's no data protection notice anywhere that I can see, and along with that form, I think we should all be required to send off a copy of our front door keys, address, and codes for any alarms we may or may not have. And here, take a copy of my car keys while you're at it.

And it looks like I'll be financially penalised if I play a Millennium this year, by not havng a credit card I won't be able to do the pre-registration - yippee!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Actually unencrypted email is not very secure at all! The least you want is a https site. if it has to be done by email then a password protected zip file would be better although still not ideal, obviously if the above method is used, ring and tell them the password don't mail it. :rolleyes:

In short CC details should NOT be emailed in plain text!

Paul
:)