Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Idieas for a paintball site

pathfinder

mmmm new shiney things
Aug 22, 2001
South Wales
Visit site
I don't think the archery club is there any more; it was them who stopped me starting a site up there about ten years ago; I think the council run it now but not to sure.

If you are interested in meeting up with a bunch of the guys, we having a meeting (few beers):D in Bridgend on Thursday at the court house pub in Nolton Street, about 7:30/8:00pm. you'd be welcome to come along, most of the boys are marshalls at Task Force and some of us used to run a site in Pendoylan for a couple of years (Welsh Capitol Combat Games), for tournaments, walk ons and punter days, so between us we should be able to give you all the info you require.

Cheers

Andy

valleyspaintball

Feb 6, 2003
Rhondda (s.wales)
Visit site
It's not possible for me to turn up sorry m8

U know what it's like with the missus.

one of my mates is like a relief marshal for task force i heard that they don't get proper marshal training, only on the site training.

I also wouldnt like them to take way my ideas u know what i mean. Just being paranoid with wanting the site to succeed.

I just sent glyncornal a e-mail. It is run by the council but may as well see what they can offer. With the hotel there and all i could be sitting on a landmine if they will alow me to set it up there.

try and get the lads e-mail address for me. They won't take me seriously if they see me cause im only 18. But after doing my business plan i know for a fact that all we need is good publicity and then the punters be rolling in. And maybe paintball would then get the attention it deserves around here.

Thanx

Valleyspaintball

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
My advice on setting up a new field...

Make sure you give out detailed and clear directions, wherever you end up getting land. Nothing is quite so frustrating as driving from home on a chilly morning then searching forever to find some outfit out in the woods that's hidden like a CIA training camp.

Consider leasing from a farmer... he's not gonna "steal your idea". He has a business to run, and you renting a corner of the field that's all full of trees and creeks and old cars is gonig to increase his income without him lifting a finger. Just make sure you can show him insurance documentation. He will want to cover his own liability.

Get over the notion that somebody is gonna steal your idea. It will not get them anywhere if they can't steal your work, too. A fair amount of that will be required before you get open.

Get markers that are easy to care for... I recommend Tippmanns, but that's personal preference. Infernoes, Pirhanas, or whatever, be sure you and the marshalls can tear 'em down and clean 'em up without staying at it all night. If your rentals don't work well enough, no one will bring you new business. If they work too well, no one will order sexy angels and cockers and timmies form the pro shop you open next to the field in a few years.

There is a book from Prostar about opening a field in the States, and I can only imagine that most of the advice therein will apply to the UK, too. Guy Cooper wrote it, and it gets updated from time to time. http://www.paintballadv.com/ should take you to Guy's proshop in Denver, Colorado, USA.

As far as competition from other operators: it sounds like you are far enough away that you are building your own market, rather than diluting someone elses customer base. That is good and bad. Remember that each person introduced to paintball by you is going to shop all over, and vice-versa. Paintball is new enough that almost all growth of the industry benefits almost every member of the industry. Don't worry if another field opens nearby. It will build your customer base in the long run. If you think big, you will make it through the long haul.

good luck! I'd come check out your field, but you know... Atlantic Ocean and all.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Check around, are you going to want sup-air straight away, the majority of posters on here will pick it over woodland etc (me included)......but are we the customers you're going for? if so, cool and it would be an excellent resource for paintballers. But if your going in as a businessman (not a paintballer) will we bring in enough cash to keep a field open? say tourney 20 players each weekend day, paying £10 "green fee" and wanting to bring their own paint. or 40 punters, relying on you for everything and wanting to play in the woods?
Filling a day in woodland/concept etc... game time varies, fields are big, you can play for 25 minutes in a big field. Sup-air, nine games in an hour and a half. What about the rest of the day?
punters won't wait an hour between games, you need to keep them entertained.
And definately go for Pathfinder's ex archery club, best of both worlds, just make sure there are no weird public "right of ways" going past/through it. Tell them your looking at a number of sites in the area, that way they'll know that knicking the idea would put them in direct competition with someone who "knows paintball". (think how long it would take a novice to even find reputable suppliers, they may find this site, but they wouldn't know who to trust).

valleyspaintball

Feb 6, 2003
Rhondda (s.wales)
Visit site
I sent the archery club a e-mail last night. With the hotel there it may bring them more income.

I also found out that the council owns it so that may be a down side.

I wouldn't go for a s'up air straight away but maybe in the seccond year i'd consider it.

I know i needthem to be entertained that will be not be a problem. There will only be a 5 - 10 minute gap between each game.

I know that i want to spend a lot of money advertising and also being a new company i may get free advertisment like invite the newspapers to come along.

I don't think that there are any farm land that i know about which has forestry in south wales.

Anyone can help me out there?

Thanx

Valleyspaintball

jonhaley

Jun 24, 2002
N/A
Originally posted by valleyspaintball

I don't think that there are any farm land that i know about which has forestry in south wales.

Anyone can help me out there?

Thanx

Valleyspaintball
There's plenty of forestry for sale in South, West and North Wales. Are you wanting to rent or buy? Drop me a line if you want details of places available to buy. Problem is that's going to take quite a bit of money...Most places will give you a max 60% mortgage so you'll need 40% deposit to buy.