Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

If .50 calibre takes off....

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Now thats a very good move. Goes to show that a drop in kit can be done. This changes every thing :)

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
Sweet, great idea, I'm not too fussed about .5o but at least if it does come in then theres an option to keep existing kit. Although I disagree with you Lump, it changes nothing, people are still bitching and moaning about it!

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
As always, Planet are at the head of the pack. Just gotta watch you don't take any .50 core samples with that barrel, looks a little weak.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
That .50 barrel looks ridiculous, like sticking a pipe cleaner to the front of your gun.

.50 cal for girls, .68 for real men, rarrrr ;)

Personally, until I see an unbiased side-by-side comparison between .50 and .68, I'm not going to believe any of the hype that's being generated by GiMilSim et al.

Sensible move by Planet as it means that people can keep buying PE markers knowing that their investment is protected - even if it does make their uber-light markers heavier. I also doubt if a drop-in kit will function as well as a custom designed .50 marker, as you're not going to have the same fine tolerances with multiple press-fit parts. New, longer detents will be needed and I wonder if there are eye issues if existing board logic is looking for a specific size projectile to transit the breech.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Yeah but lump, you do have a bit of a reputation when it comes to buying new shiny bits......some of us hang onto our markers for oooh, weeks at a time :)

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
not quite.

SP have already unveiled the .50 impulse, and dye have a kit in the works too.....

but it is good to see more manufacturers picking up the baton.
Problem with a .50 specific marker is there is no to increase the internal size of your gun, as opposed to a .68 being able to go down to a .50 as this drop in kit shows. Invest in a marker that does .50 cal and it fails? Bin your gat! :)