Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

If .50 calibre takes off....

Swampthing

AKA-DAVE
Jul 28, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Swamp, please expand on this, I'm not sure what you mean here ...
Id like to be able to Robbo thats my problem, but i cant find a source that I consider reliable, nor is there any published manufactures data on 0.50 . I read on pbnation that testers have weighed the new projectile 1.134g which is less than the scaled weight of the avarage 0.68 hence the suggesting it doesnt have a higher density fill. From what i can estimate 0.5 in theory it should be more accurate at short ranges only, this might explain the results posted on youtube by G.I. milsim considering there test is only 70ft.

Id like more to go on, It would be nice to see an independant test at more than one range to get a better understanding what 0.5 means to the game but id guess we wont see that for some time yet. if i was doing a test to show the benefit of my product im going to set it up where the results are in my favour, better yet at a sweet spot.

Id like paintball to be more accurate, cheaper and more efficient but ive seen too many paintball manufactures claim this and that not to second guess.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
70ft, is short range???
I think 15-20 ft is short range mate.

We are talking paintball here Swamp not long distance sniper firing in Iraq.
I think 70ft is a pretty fair distance to do any testing mate especially when you begin to factor in the effects of windage on a paintball's trajectory after that.

And as I said before, I think we can have stats hangin out of our ass but the real test is when you use it.

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk