Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

If .50 calibre takes off....

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
As for any co-existence?
This generally happens during the uptake period and up until about 18 months after the critical mass has been reached.

...but this is all predicated upon the notion it is superior.
And by that I mean, it performs better or costs less, or both.

If it performs better, then the uptake period will be considerably less as it will if it works out cheaper; if it's both, then I predict the update period about 18 months with an afterward crossover lag of about a year.

From what I have seen and been told, the paintball player has interesting time ahead ....
I reckon that could be true for the typical player on here (provided the hype is proven) - as p8nt members tend to be sup air gun whores who upgrade their marker annually.

But there is a massive segment of the market who won't transition that quickly, if at all. Older markers aren't just a financial decision for many, they're a hobby. The MCarterBrown forums give a good indication of the number of people who will continue to use their existing .68 equipment regardless.

I would imagine .68 paint will still be being produced in bulk in 5 and 10 years time.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm curious about hopper upgrades.

and how fragile the paint will be...
The paint will be as fragile as it needs to be to break on any schmuck you shoot but not too fragile as to break in your barrel.

It took quite some time to strike that balance which had always been a major problem in .50 cal paintball technology but Richmond developed a way of doing it somehow; he's a clever chap ya know!

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
I've been thinking that Gurk as well - just thinking about the rotor now, I wonder if they can just simply switch out the upper rotating sorting system and replace with one that is more closely spaced to accommodate the smaller ball size?

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
I've been thinking that Gurk as well - just thinking about the rotor now, I wonder if they can just simply switch out the upper rotating sorting system and replace with one that is more closely spaced to accommodate the smaller ball size?

The paint will be as fragile as it needs to be to break on any schmuck you shoot but not too fragile as to break in your barrel.

It took quite some time to strike that balance which had always been a major problem in .50 cal paintball technology but Richmond developed a way of doing it somehow; he's a clever chap ya know!

The rotor wont be much of a problem, i imagine a simply drop in mod that reduces the sise of the tray and paddles to accommodate the 50's. was more of the halo's and reloaders and such, that have older software boards. yeah, they can do a drop in mod, but will the 'non adjustable' boards just crush the paint? (hence my fragile question)

edit: wtf am i supposed to do with my qloader!!! lol