Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I'm intrigued: players current goggle of choice...

ali t

gobo's goin' down...
okay.... For all you current Players out there what lid has made its way into your goggle bag? Feel free to tell us your reasons why and the pluses and (if any) the minuses... I'll actually start the topic off-
Grillz lenses...
Anyone think that lens quality has dropped over the seasons? It seems that after a few tags and cleans, lens clarity appears rough...
Thoughts?

Last edited:

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
okay.... For all you current Players out there what lid has made its way into your goggle bag? Feel free to tell us your reasons why and the pluses and (if any) the minuses... I'll actually start the topic off-
Anyone think that lens quality has dropped over the seasons? It seems that after a few tags and cleans, lens clarity appears rough...
Thoughts?
VIO seems good, Vforce seems awful.

Not used Dye for a while but they were always top notch - JT as well were good as long as you didnt take em out the frames too much

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Currently rocking the Vio (after someone advised me to get them :)) so far this season I've had JT's, E-Flex, Grillz, KLR's and the Vio's (previously had I3/i4's as well as profilers) my favs for fittment would be Vio or Grillz, best for modification are the JT/E-flex

Really enjoying them so far, great fit, very comfy, lens removal is easy (although I need some pliers to do it as have girly hands)

Last edited:

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I've had E-Flex for the last couple of years as part of a sponsor deal, but would have been happy to wear them anyway, really nice goggles and I'll be hanging onto my camo LE set. Only thing that annoys me is that the ears can rotate up slightly, leaving a gap to the faceplate - so I attach velcro on the leading edges to secure them like Dye i4s. I've also got a set of Vio Extends and like those a lot too - lighter than the E-Flex, although changing the lens is slightly trickier.

I've had JTs, Dye i4s and Grills in the past and liked them all - although the i4s are just too small and don't have a peak option, which always seems bonkers to me. JTs light and comfy but who can be arsed with the stupid lenses, not me. First set of Grills were great, never had a problem, even with single pane lenses. Second set the lens quality had clearly dropped and you needed to go dual pane to avoid fogging and for some reason they didn't fit quite as well.

RichB

Devoid of ego
Sep 3, 2010
Teeside
Vio (extends) do it for me. I've got i4's, Grills & Eflex too. The Eflex are good although for me the Vio's just beat them for fit, comfort, field of view, etc. Never got on with i4's (which my 12 year old son now uses) and whilst I used to like my Grills, the more recent lenses have absolutely dropped in quality.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm still a fan of JT proflex.

That said, I'd happily wear grillz or E-flex/e-vents, I can't get on with I4's and haven't tried any of these new fangled vio things.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Got a few sets of Eflex, which have been my favourites.
They don't steam up and lens changing is a doddle.
Son recently changed from events to Vio's, they seem to be nice quality gogs although the little lens release clip/ button thing is a bugger to press.
I may pinch them for a day.

Last edited:

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I have been a Empire fanboy for the last few years, had events and then moved to the E-flex which I love. Did prefer the Jt's but the lense changing made me walk away from them.

Moving over to Valken this season and first impressions are good on these and will be giving them a proper tryout at the weekend.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Proflex all the way. Weight and fit is just best for me. The lens change isn't that much of a pain.

Went over to Dye i4's when the released and then grills after and going back to the jt's was a revelation. Everyone has their favorite.

Reactions: Bertz