Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

IMHO, Dynasty needs to switch to the NXL.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I thought this was public knowledge anyway...
I ain't nowhere near as much in the know as Pete and some others are, but even I knew this was happening. Can't be that much of a surprise...

As far as the cheating goes, I agree, I have seen plenty of other teams that cheat way more than Dynasty. I always enjoy watching them play because they just play straight up hardass paintball. And they do it well.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by JTHM
I see, well maybe the fact that you had to hold on that info was what frosted your "Ahem" so much then, Hell, I can't fault anyone for that.

Just for the record, the perception that "D" got special treatment is nothing new, christ it's been floating around NPPL circuit for quite sometime. Fair? maybe not, but you can't control that.

Personally I've played against others that make "D" look like twins of the Legion ,I know you have as well Robbo.

JT, I never held on to anything, as far as I knew it was pretty much common knowledge and didn't really warrant me coming on here making a big thing of it...well not until now anyway.....

And you are right about teams who are a lot worse than them, there are soo many of them and a lot of the guys on these teams are the first to open their gobs and scream blue murder at Dynasty at every opportunity even when they know damn well there is no substance to whatever they may be saying.

PaintballChannel

Mar 27, 2002
www.paintballchannel.com
Originally posted by Robbo
Paintballchannell : If you grovel anymore I am gonna vomit, that was one of the most obsequious posts I have ever seen...yeuk !!!
Robbo:

Thanks for the press release, it has been posted on our site.

And, I'm not "groveling". I return respect to those who give it to me.

As for the "others" that are still in this same situation (team owners being promoters), they're next on my list.

I applaud Chuck and Team Dynasty for the changes, and I think that other promoters need to follow suit.

Just out of curiosity...If I had initially mentioned, say, Jerry Braun, the PSP, and the NXL, would your respone have been different?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by PaintballChannel
Robbo:

Thanks for the press release, it has been posted on our site.

And, I'm not "groveling". I return respect to those who give it to me.

As for the "others" that are still in this same situation (team owners being promoters), they're next on my list.

I applaud Chuck and Team Dynasty for the changes, and I think that other promoters need to follow suit.

Just out of curiosity...If I had initially mentioned, say, Jerry Braun, the PSP, and the NXL, would your respone have been different?

A lot of the guys on the PSP and NXL are my friends and I would have defended them in the same way and if you have any doubts about this, just ask Tyger, every time he has insinuated any conspiracy / favouritism and whatever against any of those, I have gone for him in exactly the same way I went for you.

I would have had no problem at all if you had mentioned all parties invovled in paintball but to just mention Dynasty and Chuck within the context of that initial post was just unfair.

I agree, you raised some fundamental issues that need to be addressed but this is still such a small and incestuous sport and ideals such as these are gonna be difficult to come by at this stage in our development.
A lot of cross-over interests will continue to flourish because of the people invovled and they ain't gonna give these up just because somebody says it runs contra to the interests of paintball.
I suppose I reacted the way I did because over the years, I have become friends with some of those guys on Dynasty and I have known Chuck since my days on All Americans when we played together.
For you to mention cheating and Dynasty in the same breath, when so many other players and teams are soooo much worse than these guys on Dynasty, was just bang out of order.

If you met the guys on Dynasty, I mean, really met them, and watched them play many times, believe me, you would change your mind.

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Dynasty / Rage

Im getting really sick and tired of all this bullsh*t regarding the game in NJ between Rage and Dynasty.

The game wasn't an issue, the calls were never an issue either. All the reffs made the same call and Oliver Lang was shot 20 times by a player that was hit long before he reached Oliver.
That player even kept shooting at Oliver when the reffs were pulling his armband and screamed at him to stop shooting.

The player recived a 1 for 1 and Oliver was told to play on with all those hits on him.

All the Rage players and some of their friends and sponsors started to scream and boo at the reffs, but the calls never changed and the reffs weren't intimidated.

The story in Paintball.com is utter BS. And a website that want to call themself anything near a paintball news site should make a effort to hear more sides of the story.

Rage played on
Oliver was told to keep playing
Phil never changed the reff's call
Rage also didn't receive any penalties for comming out of the dead box, screaming to reffs and refusing to leave the field. Had it been in Europe the team would have been banned for 1 year.

So Bryan your entire first post is based on a big lie..
Its the loser's mentality to try to blame thoose who are better instead of trying to learn from them, And thats why we will always have a lot of loosers in this sport.

As for Chuck having a pull as the president of the NPPL of how the reffs are gonna treat Dynasty.. its so sad.

Imagine Chuck coming up to us in Huntington, 'Hi Joy Divison I have flown you over here to reff, and please give Dynasty some extra love as it is my team'.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Anyone who belives that is a total idiot.

I just have to say 1 more thing, Pete, you are sooo right to get upset, I felt the exactly same way reading the first posts. And yes Bryan came in hard and then tried to do a U-turn and failed.
Keep it up Pete, we dont want that kind of crap in here.

Magued Idris - owner of Joy division and Joy masters of the millenium series, sponsored by WDP who runs pure promotion, that runs Nppl. And captian of Team Sweden X-ball team, sponsored by WDP and Tomahawk and hypersorts etc..
Also sponsered by DYE, who runs PSP, and x-ball or part of it?

PS I dont think Joy cant play anymore events,right?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well if I have learnt one thing in paintball, it is this, I trust the word of Magued and any of his judges.
The Swedish judges have hallmarked paintball with their honesty, integrity and fair adjudications.
Mo matter who you are, they don't care whether you are some goober from Hicksville, Arizona or even Oli Lang, you get no favours and no bias.
As the Swedes see it, they call it.
Do the maths here, who would you believe, Magued, the rest of his judging staff, 5 video cameras................... or Rage?

Too many people in this sport are soo quick to condemn and a lot of these attacks come from the 'little people', the people who ain't done sh!t in this sport and never will.
They believe that by maligning teams like Dynasty, that it elevates their own staus in some way in the eyes of anybody who reads their posts or listens to their rhetoric.

Now anybody who reads Bryan's first post and has never met any of the guys from Dynasty or seen them play, cannot draw any other conclusions than Dynsaty are a bunch of cheats helped along by the machinations of Chuck Hendsch.
For anybody who is really 'in the know', this is complete and utter crap !
I honestly think this Bryan guy should send an apology over to Chuck and the boys and / or post one up here instead of trying to back-track and re-write his intent.

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by Robbo
I honestly think this Bryan guy should send an apology over to Chuck and the boys and / or post one up here instead of trying to back-track and re-write his intent.
I'd like to see the refs included in that apology. We've been portrayed as Dynasty's lapdogs recently, which is about as far from the truth as you can get.

Magued - nice to see your comments. Hope to see you and the rest of the guys in Miami!

PaintballChannel

Mar 27, 2002
www.paintballchannel.com
The only thing I will say is:

Yes, I should have included other promoters and teams. The Dynasty/Hendsch deal was the most notable at the time so that's why I used them. I have nothing against Chuck Hendsch, Dynasty, or the NPPL. I have something against any promoter also being a team owner. I'm moving on to PSP and the NXL next.

As far as apologizing to the ref's, I only echoed what others have written in articles and forum postings on so many other sites. I will, however, say that I trust the word of Magued and his judges. If he says they weren't cheating, then they weren't cheating. And, I'll leave it at that.

As I have not been able to travel to most major events this year, I am basing my opinions on what I see around the internet. And, apparently so are a lot of other people, because that's what I'm reading. Perhaps this thread will shed some positive light on the situation. Perhaps, now that Magued has spoken, people will see that what they're reading is not true.

But I still stand firm in believing that any promoter also being a team owner is a conflict of interest.

>>>I am basing my opinions on what I see around the internet.

Then you believe Elvis is alive and dressing up as a sasquatch and terroizing tha northwest, tha miracles at Fatima prophesised 9/11 and that Cockers fire faster and flatter than all other paintguns?

And you're in tha media?

Lord help us.

:p