Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Import tax on new marker.

Jonny-M

BZ- EMME 07
Jan 27, 2012
Newcastle.
Hey guys

I've just spent $1710 on a marker from the states, just over £1000.
Will I pay import tax on it and if so how much will it be? Has anyone done this that can answer with experience.

Thanks alot.

Jon.

Ps. Its a tourney style, not scenario if it makes a difference.

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Yep you need to at least pay vat at 20% I believe, that is the case for all goods or services brought in from outside the EU

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
You will generally be hit by:

Import Duty: variable % depending on what HMRC choose to class it as
VAT: at current 20% rate
Handling Fee: usually around £10 depending on the carrier.

Often the carrier will pay these fees and then bill you before releasing the item for delivery.
Other times it will be held at customs, or by the Royal Mail if they are the carrier.

There is also the off chance that HMRC will class it as a firearm, destroy it an then send you a letter telling you what they've done....

Add to that if its a new marker, you'll have to have its warranty fulfilled in the USA...

Always, always buy UK - it supports our market and saves you hassle. And you'll be surprised how little you've probably saved yourself in the long run....

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
or on the plus side it will not get stoped and you will be charged nothing

so far allways missed the bullet but only one marker and lots of smaller items £20-80 price range

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Import duty for paintball markers is the same rate as vat (20%) so pay vat in the uk or pay duty by importing

It will be charged on the stated valuation or revalued by HMRC (sometimes even based on them looking inside at the invoice inside hat contradicts a fraudulent value declared outside)

Plus handling fees by the couriers

Eg $1000 marker is the equivalent of about £625
£625 + 20% = £750

To Import a $1000 dollar marker pay $1000 plus international post, then pay an extra £125 duty plus fees

The basic question is whether that specific marker is worth the extra time, warranty complexities and hidden costs

Support your local paintball retailers, and even if it is not normally stocked then hey may be able to get it brought for you - they deal with the importing difficulties and provide support

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/how-much-does-it-cost-to-import-a-marker.151101/#post-1355491

Last edited:

Jonny-M

BZ- EMME 07
Jan 27, 2012
Newcastle.
Yeah i thought it was the case. Dam it.

I have always bought UK i didnt do it to save money, its a vapor and as of yet no one sells them in the UK. Thanks for the advice guys.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah i thought it was the case. Dam it.

I have always bought UK i didnt do it to save money, its a vapor and as of yet no one sells them in the UK. Thanks for the advice guys.
You could have always just asked one of the many people going over for World Cup to pick it up for you...